Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 03:58PM

Rarely do I get an email from the other twin in Africa (sounds like a bad movie script) so you all mostly get the stateside Elder Nephew. Here is his brother's latest.

"Dear Fiends and Family,
I hope all is well and everything is going great. I hope everyone is having a great fourth of July with plenty of fireworks. We have a holiday here to Celebrate there Independence but I can't remember the day.
So we found this place in the area the we serve that is super nice. I really don't know the reason why it's there because there's nothing around it but Bush. It's like Walmart and has a lot of food. Even one of their stores are in [Name Withheld] so they're doing well. When you walk in you feel the air conditioning and everything. But one thing that my companion and I really like to do is by donuts. It's so nice and tastes so good. My companion likes the sugar donuts and I like the chocolate ones. There kind of like ball-floats but better. But anyways we went on Saturday to chapel cleaning and right before we got on a Tro by companion says to me lets get donuts. So we walk to the store and went inside. We got distracted but final got the goods and paid and was about to leave but this old man that was a security Guard stopped us. He said that he was part of the first movement in the early 1970's that wanted to bring the church to [Name Withheld]. But he left the country and just come back after 36 years. He wanted to be apart of the church again. So we talked to him and got him the information he needed. But it was cool that just getting food helped this man.
We also had a baptism this past week which was really nice. He was being taught every before I come to this area and final we was able to be baptized.
The gospel is true and everything that is, came from the beginning. Work Hard and do more then what is asked. If you do more you will always have a Job.
Elder [Name Withheld]"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2016 03:59PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 08:24PM

I loved the empty platitudes at the end. I am surprised however that he didn't connect buying donuts with finding the lost investigators.

"If you buy donuts when prompted, you're doing the Lords work finding the lost"

I know this is twuuu!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 10:08PM

BushMart?

Date: July 06, 2016 10:16AM

Wally's in the bush.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 10:54PM

Don't tell him that Stan invented chocolate donuts. I should know--I ate two this morning. I'm in South America and Stan's donuts are just as popular here as everywhere. It's a slippery slope from bush donuts to the Dark Side.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 10:26AM

The Donut Miracle!

The Mormon answer to Jesus on toast. I have been waiting all my life for this. Never thought it could happen. Donuts and miracles. Who but a loving Heavenly Father could make this happen I ask you?

Date: July 06, 2016 08:39PM

I know. They got distracted by "the spirit" so the timing was right to get their donuts to be able to meet the security guard. It is truly a miracle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 08:39PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 08:52PM

Work hard do mare than what is asked and you will always have a job.

Haha. That's so true if you're a mormon. One minor detail, you won't get paid for it though. They always forget to mention that part.

Posted by: Steve Spoonemore ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 10:09PM

I keep wanting to do something with "the Walmart of the bush" but I just can't get there.

I am always surprised by stories of missionaries doing "normal" things like eating donuts. Somehow all I can picture them doing is knocking on doors and riding bicycles.

Date: July 07, 2016 08:12PM

It simply isn't true. I'm currently looking for a job because I did more than what was asked and it made others look bad. The new boss doesn't like my influence and willingness to help others and in doing so do more than is required.

Where do people come up with this stuff? I tell people it is who you know not what and you can work hard and that proves that they need to give you more work.

Only is it is the exception that merit plays into a working life.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: July 08, 2016 12:14PM

Nakumat

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.