Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 16, 2016 07:37AM

Have you applied for grants? Are your parents earning enough that you can't get grants at this age? My sister's son got grants. She earns about $30,000 a year, is a single mother and her son qualified for $5500 a year.

My daughter works for Princess Cruises up by Denali. There are a lot of different jobs for Princess. I know they have a website. You might check on line looking under Alaska Princess Cruises jobs. My brother-in-law just started working for them this summer and, without tips, earns at least $15,000. My daughter earns more, but she has been working for them for 9 years and gets amazing tips by driving a bus for them. This year she is a supervisor and I'm not sure what her wages are. BUT there are many other jobs (that don't get tips). There are people who take care of the luggage. There are those who "detail" the buses every night.

As others have said, look at this as a life experience and YOU GOT TO GO TO ALASKA. I assume that the $300 might be after room and board they took from your checks? That's one of the issues with working somewhere like Alaska. It would be more expensive to live on your own and buy your own food.

Anyway, look into Princess jobs for next summer. They have jobs in many areas of Alaska.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2016 07:39AM by cl2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 16, 2016 11:04AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 16, 2016 11:06AM

Thanks, cl2. I was hoping that you would see his post and chime in.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 16, 2016 06:53PM

Sometimes they have jobs become available in the middle of the season, so maybe you could go work for them now if there is something available.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.