Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 17, 2016 12:52PM

I've made it a point to avoid, when possible, supporting businesses that support LDS, Inc. If the owners of this business are actively Mormon then I can be sure they are paying 10% of their income in tithing. This means my patronage of their business is indirectly supporting LDS, Inc. Beehive Cheese is located in Uintah, Utah.

Anyone know the answer?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 17, 2016 02:30PM

I don't know the owners but their Barely Buzzed cheese is made with coffe and their Teahive is made with tea.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 17, 2016 04:04PM

But I would definitely avoid "Land of Joseph" pure maple syrup...

They sell it here locally, and given my early stage diabetes, I don't have a problem avoiding it...

I still shop at Deseret Industries... But not Deseret Books...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 09:00PM

I had to drive to Montpelier, Vermont today, and stopped in South Royalton on the way to pay homage to Pedophile Joe's birthplace. I just wanted a quick look at the place for reference. First thing we noticed were about four comely teenage girls (a Laurels' calling, I suppose) washing windows. I thought, "Ol' Joe would definitely be prioritizing these babes!"

A senior missionary met us. I will say, he struck a perfect balance between being friendly and available, but not obsequious. The landscaping was restrained but well done. We took a few pictures and left.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 11:56PM

It is sold here locally as I said, and priced the same as regular pure maple syrup...

I wonder if it'll face some competition one of these days from an MLM... Probably too legitimate a product for those con artists, although it might be "included" by one of the larger operations at some point. Right now, the "hot ones" are pretty much "single item" or "single focus" operations...

Posted by: superdave ( )
Date: July 17, 2016 05:57PM

One of the owners is a friend of a previous mission comp. I had a beer with him once and ate some awesome cheese. I can assure you he is not supporting LDS inc.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 11:27AM

I couldn't possibly eat cheese that brought to mind 12-14 year old girls.
Seriously.

Although I'm sure JS would have loved it...

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 11:44AM

Thank you for that.

I now know that I am so removed from moism that until you said that, I only associated beehive with something bees live in.

And that's a good feeling.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 12:03PM

Sadly, those terms still have their youthful meaning for me. As a 12-14 year old boy, I was keenly interested in the beehives. Then the MIA-Maids. Then the Laurels.

But not their cheese :)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 04:20PM

Who cuts their cheese?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 18, 2016 09:08PM

the cheese stands alone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.