Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 04:15PM

Some have said that they have signed a confidentiality agreement that would destroy them financially and destroy their character? Would you take the hit if it were you? Would you show support of the one who did it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 04:28PM

There's one of those famous "Some have said" claims.
Who are those some who have said?

Date: July 24, 2016 04:30PM

Posters here.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 05:10PM

If you've been successful, and have a nice nest egg *before* you are "called" to be a Big Fifteener, it seems that you could get away with being a whistleblower if you have had it with the church and want to preserve your integrity and tell the truth, threats to your eternal family be damned.

If, however, this purported agreement has you sign over all your wealth, property and holdings to MorCorp, Inc., *then* you would be in a world of hurt.

But you'd gain integrity.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 06:48PM

An old Mexican saying:

"Tacos de honor no mas no alimentan."

Substitute integrity for honor and it makes the same statement.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 25, 2016 08:54PM

I plugged that into google translate, and got:

"Tacos honor not feed no more"

Profound. :)

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 06:24AM

powerful stuff.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 01:48AM

Interesting. The translation I got was: "Eat a taco when you make a birdie".

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 05:28PM

If one of the top dogs turned and confessed all to the world, the others would say something along the lines of , "even the elite will be deceived" by the great deceiver. There would be lots of talk about Satan and how hard he works. It would somehow turn into a faith promoting story that the common folk would use in fast & testimoany meeting over and over.

Then, the whistle blower would be decimated in the passive aggressive manner that the mighty morg has perfected over the years. His family would disown him, he would be despised, he would rarely go out in public anymore. He would start to play video games in the basement for hours and hours, eat Cheetos till his fingers turned orange, and the diet soda cans in the corner would pile up and block the doorway.

These old farts all know what would happen to them and their families. None of them are willing to go there. And, since they have it extremely good right now, it ain't gonna happen. But it would be way cool if it did.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 05:35PM

If Monson were the one to leak the truth, the rest of them would blame it on dementia, and the only times he would be seen would be at conference. The next in line would be the one really calling the shots until he officially took over.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 06:41PM

Remember the film "The Firm?"

That's what I think of when upper level folks contemplating leaving or attempting to discredit the morg.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 07:47PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that person suddenly developed an incurable illness and died.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 07:42PM

If one of the Feeble 15 came out the members wouldn't believe it.

Date: July 25, 2016 01:26AM

If you were in their place, would any of you be willing to take the hit? Since I don't have a family of my own, I think I'd be willing to do it for the sake of integrity. It would be sad if the whole church just wrote me off as a fallen prophet but I could live much happier with my integrity in tact than without it. If I did have a spouse and kids, hopefully they would standby me.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 25, 2016 12:47PM

The 15 is one big interrelated family with only one or two exceptions. (Very interesting to look up.) And, sadly, many of their kids are heading up various arms of the church. That is probably where they are over the barrel the most.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 25, 2016 08:51PM

The vetting process to get there insures this will never happen.

No one wavering could make it.

There is no country for young men where they live.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: July 26, 2016 11:36PM

Most have spent every public moment for 50+ years putting on appearances to get where they are, and those are the "young ones" appointed in their 60s. In the cases of the older ones (which is most), it is 70+ years (from the age of 12) to get where they are, hoping to one day be profit.

The chances of one coming out and saying it is a fraud and lose all the admiring fans and power (within the Cult) they have is about 1 in a million. Even if one did, because of their age it would be blamed on senility, they would be "retired" and business as usual would continue.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: July 26, 2016 11:48PM

I can't imagine that it would be made known to the members in general.

Posted by: amongthetombstones ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 09:35AM

But they HAVE already leaked the truth. The essays are on LDS.org. They've confirmed many of the "anti-Mormon lies" to be truth. If people can stay in the church through that, they can stay in the church through an apostate prophet.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 02:25AM

Nothing would happen.

They just admitted the Book of Mormon was not history and no one blinked an eye.

Posted by: McKay Cahtso ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 06:22AM

In the old days we would have slit his throat, disemboweled him, and had his heart ripped from his body. I guess you can't do that anymore. Thanks, Obama!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.