Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: July 30, 2016 06:33PM

I just saw this link today and I thought that I would post it here. I'm sure this has been posted before as it is a few years old.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201208/dangerous-cult-leaders

If you think there is a trait listed in this article that Joseph Smith did not qualify for let us know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: UCLA Vigilantes ( )
Date: July 30, 2016 07:54PM

The current leaders are not much better. The one thing that really drove home the fact that they know it is a fraud and will use and abuse anyone to maintain their position is the missionary age change. That cannot be viewed as anything other than malice and forethought in terms of trying to trap the youth in the cult before they have a chance to figure it all out.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: July 31, 2016 02:57AM

I DO agree with you that the current leaders are aS#*$oles for perpetuating the lie...but I'm not sure they are in the same league as old Jo Smith. I mean, Joseph Smith cuckolded dozens of men and took on a large number of sexual servants AND had a strong-armed group of thugs (Porter Rockwell and the Dainites(there could be a band name in there)) to enforce his law. I don't see this kind of behavior in the current LDS leadership. I could be wrong, but I don' think our modern Prophets are up to the task of total Psychopathic/sexual abuse.

Praise to the man.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 30, 2016 08:06PM

All the traits apply.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 31, 2016 03:14AM

All mormon leaders have these same tendencies, though to a lesser degree than Joe or Brigham.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.