Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 04:02PM

Original here: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1854484,1855133#msg-1855133

I did eventually respond:
"It sounds to me as though you may have experienced some cognitive dissonance. Good for you getting over that discomfort. It's so nice you have empathy and love for those affected by the policy change. I can't imagine the turmoil it has caused in some people's lives as they actively deal with and live through these distressing issues that directly impact their families, relationships, their present, and their futures. Hearing about all the suicides is so sad. Having experienced a lot of loss in the last year, I can't imagine the feeling of heartache in families torn apart and/or losing someone over who that person is attracted to. Seems so senseless in perspective. Glad you've resolved your feelings on the matter."

To which she responded:
"Cognitive dissonance *and* spiritual dissonance.

I wouldn't go so far as to say my feelings are resolved, simply that I've made peace with the standings of the church and my understanding of said changes...even the inability to change (policy vs doctrine). Similar to grief: one never "gets over it". More so they learn how to live life to the fullest with a broken heart."

First of all, what a drama queen. Second, everything is about *her*. Lastly, how disturbing. Where's the critical thinking? Where's the logic? Where's your ability to stand for something independently?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2016 02:43PM by dogeatdog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.