Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 01:37AM

Tonight I went out for a drive with my dog, and was heading to the grocery store on Redwood in Saratoga Springs (Utah). The car stopped running and I got it off the road while I was coasting.

So I called my kid and said to call one of his friends. My friends were in bed and drugged out for the night.

He called his soon-to-be mashie friend who happened to be right by me, so he called me, turned around and was there in 30 seconds.

I was relieved, and we pushed the car farther off the road just to be safe. It will probably get towed knowing my great luck...

Well, he got me and the dog and started to home. I asked if he could stop at the quick grocery cause I really needed milk desperately. He was yeah.

When we got there he asked if he could go in with me. Of course.

While in there grabbing cookies to go with the milk, he started talking. He asked me about why I left tscc. Shit.

I won't even go into the stuff he said., but he drove me to my house then was still talking and so drove around the area for quite a while, then stopped in front of my house.

My milk and dog were getting warm, ,but he was totally oblivious to that. He talked and talked and talked till my son texted to say "where are you". Out front. Doing? Talking.

It was over an hour. That 3 mile drive came at a cost.

My head literally hurts now. I was kind, and really didn't figjt too much. I knew he had to talk. He was the one who asked me a couple weeks ago if I wanted a blessing.

God help me.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 03:53AM

Just a shade away from being kid-napped. I am sure he figured Gawd caused your car to die just so he would have the opportunity to help you see the error of your ways. barf.

Next time, maybe call a cab? Sorry you got caught.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 05:02AM

How typically TBM. He couldn't be a good, unselfish person and help you out. It had to be a church motive and agenda.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 05:35AM

Any thoughts he may in an odd way be expressing his own doubts? Frankly you are a safe sounding board. Slyly inquire next time you see him...

Gatorman

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 09:08AM

I was thinking the same, g-man.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 06:34AM

Good luck with your car. I'm glad you got help but sorry for the kidnapping.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 08:44AM

To avoid car being towed when it breaks down on side of road, call and report it to local police or state troopers,

"Thanks for the ride. I have to get the milk in the fridge. Bye-bye."

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 07:14PM

I've had it for most of my adult life and would not be without it. Haven't needed it often, but when I did, it was SOOOO worth it.

Posted by: BC BLDS ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 09:08AM

You are a good spirit, jonny, letting hom stretch his MTC legs like that.

As others have posted before, to nix any such abuse of your time, you can start talking about horny joe's "real" history. They have only apologetic crap, at which point you text them the link to the LDS essays. "Read it straoght from the LDS site."

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 09:23AM

Jonny, there is such a thing as being too polite. Just because he was bending your ear doesn't mean that you needed to listen. When someone won't quit, start walking away. When you are about 5-10 yards away, turn around, wave, and tell them that you have to go now. (Usually even the most determined talker will get it at this point.) Then turn around and keep walking.

In a car, shout the person's name to get his attention, even if you have to talk over him. "JOHN! Please drive me home RIGHT NOW! My milk is getting warm!

I don't know why it is that some people are so oblivious to social signals, but they are. You must be more assertive with them. I had to walk away from a sweet, elderly neighbor just last evening. She seems incapable of drawing a neighborly conversation to a close, so unfortunately I have to do that.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 10:57AM

One of the most difficult lessons for exmos to learn is how to set boundaries.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. It's getting late. I have to go." And then you just. go.

You allowed yourself to be held captive.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 12:37PM

you allowed yourself to be a pushover.

Date: July 29, 2016 02:54PM

Yeah, I guess your right. My fault. Part of me wanted to tell him everything, but I didn't. I told my son, good thing I love this kid, because that is why I put up with it. I would not have done it to someone else who I didn't care about. Plus I did want to plant some doubt if I could.

He admitted he had a hard time with JS polg. But that he will understand one day why and that he has to set that aside.

I asked him if he was ok with him being a polygamist in heaven. He was like, I will understand it then so it will be ok.

He said he doesn't try to understand the deep doctrine, that it will all be shown to him.

Had he not been one of my sons besties and I knowing that one of us is leaving the area soon I would not have let him get away with it.

By the way, my son wasn't keeping track of the gas properly, our gauge doesn't work so he has to fill it and mark it. So I actually ran out of gas.....thank goodness!!!

I told my son when I was talking to him about this this morning that js thinks he is equal to Jesus. My kid hit the roof with that. I pulled up some stuff on my phone to show him. He was shocked.

So yeah, he is just that kind of kid. He is going to be a pain in the ass I think. It's so weird how much he did a turn-around. Oh, and he asked if wecould say a prayer, and I said, you can. So he did. It was actually ok, not about the gospel and profit. I did tell him he will learn some things in the temple about that.

He has not been through the temple yet. He believes that great truths will be revealed unto him. Ummmm. Yes, just not what you expect. I was thinking well, we will see. Too bad they took out the blood oaths.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 04:53PM

Jonny, I'd listen and let him talk. He's talking with you because you're safe and not being judgmental with him. I wish my kids had someone they could talk with about doubts.

Very best wishes, Jonny!!! Boner.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 30, 2016 12:48PM

He was imposing on you and taking advantage of your good graces.

Yes, you could have been more assertive. That's your choice, but it isn't your fault he pulled this stunt and saying so is blaming the victim.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: July 29, 2016 04:31PM

I just moved to that area last week.

I moved to the first neighborhood south of the high school on the west side of Redwood Rd. You enter on Grandview.

Date: July 29, 2016 10:14PM

Nice!! Well, if you love being around mos....I know there are more non-mos in Saratoga than there is in eagle mountain. I just live in the ranches across that huge field owned by the church, a bit northwest of you.

I love to drive down redwood just for a drive. I did last night pretty far down so I am happy I didn't run out in the boonies.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2016 01:15AM

You two will need to learn the exmo signs and tokens so that you can exchange them should you happen to cross paths!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.