Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: atheistinfiltrator ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 07:01PM

I was born, raised and baptized into the Mormon religion. A year after I was baptized I really started to question this religion, and all religions for that matter. I kept it to myself. Since I was living in Utah I think revealing my doubts really would have got me in trouble with my friends and family, so I kept it to myself.

I became totally inactive at age 12 after my parents divorced.

I became active again just a few years ago when some missionaries invited themselves over. These unusually arrogant guys got me thinking that day: why don't I become active again so I can talk some sense into the poor little kids and young adults that are victims of this vast conspiracy?

I did just that. 3 years later I have operated undetected. There were a few close calls, but explained the accusations away as sarcasm. " I was being sarcastic, I mean how could anyone believe the earth is older than six thousands years old, it says so in the bible!"

What progress have I made? So far two prized future missionaries mysteriously stopped attending church and their callings were called off. I also have three trusted young insiders who jumped into my little conspiracy and are doing their own covert work.

Time will tell how this all plays out, but I think its working. It's not easy, but I take it very seriously. I am sick and tired of these brainwashed children being mentally lobotomized just so they can be lobotomized adults. I would agree with Richard Dawkins that it constitutes as child abuse. Teaching kids to turn a blind eye on evidence, the scientific method, reality and subjecting them to the terrible fear of hell is in my opinion wrong.

So this is how I do my part. I can't think of any more directly effective way of helping out these kids.

I want to know what you all think about this and if there are any others doing this. Hopefully I can inspire more free-thinkers to join me in this life-long dream of making this world a better place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 07:02PM by atheistinfiltrator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GoneNative ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 07:25PM

I consider myself an infiltrator, but not to undo damage, to see first hand. What you're doing is great though! Keep up the good work!

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 07:53PM

than blind obedience, and baseless belief. With a good foundation in critical thinking, children can decide for themselves when they are old enough to properly evaluate evidence. Brainwashing them from infancy is not a fair fight, especially when you see what religion does to people, and realize that all the good in the world can be found without religion, and its patriarchy, bigotry, etc.

I have resigned, and have severe PTSD from TSCC. I love to present my POV when TBM's bring it up, but could never subject myself to the mind-numbing abuse of returning, even for that. Also, I have to be true to my beliefs, and am not capable of living a double life. I do like the idea of informative web sites, subvertisements, etc., because they help people question, and give them information TSCC, with its sanitized version, will not give them. The truth will continue to get out.

Encouraging TBM's to question is always a good thing!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 07:55PM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: MJF1980 ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 07:59PM

I can't remember where I read it but a ministry was encouraging ex-TBM's still active in the church to remain active for a time to "plant seeds" by bearing a more Christian testimony of the Gospel which excluded Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon (emphasizing the Protestant definition of grace and salvation), giving sacrament talks that emphasized the Bible more than the Book of Mormon or the GA's, and of course if they were teachers, teach the Bible - nothing else.

They also advised not staying too long in the church otherwise they would "spiritually starve".

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 08:12PM

I've heard from some TBM family members, that are questioning the church, saying that they aren't mentioning JS much these days. As in testimony meetings and so forth. I think it is part of them trying to be mainstream perhaps. Has anyone else heard of this?

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 01:15PM

Testimony Meeting is always fun... I like to count how many times Christ's name is mentioned (except for the obligatory in the name of Jesus Christ Amen). Its usually not very much.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 08:49PM

Everytime I give my testimony, I deliberately leave out Ole Joe and the BOM. Also, I aways say, "I know the GOSPEL" is true. More and more people in my ward are saying that.

Every time I'm asked to speak in SM, especially when assigned to rehash a GC talk, I deliberately go off on a tangent somewhat related and only talk about Christ Himself and use ONLY the New Testament, especially the Gospels, as resources for my talks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 08:50PM by imalive.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 08:51PM

I was a member for 32 years and NEVER gave a talk quoting any Mormon source, never gave a testimony saying that JS was a prophet or that the "church was twooo". Like another poster, I did say "the Gospel of Christ is true".

Posted by: Mrs. Solar Flare ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 03:33AM

That sounds like a book I recently read called Born Again Mormon by Shawn McCraney. In his chapter at the end of the book titled "Practicum" he advocates true Christians remaining in the Mormon Church to help bring about a spiritual rebirth and a refocused goal of helping members experience a relationship with Jesus, not with "the Church".

So, didn't work for us. Being a Christian in the Mormon Church was like an oxymoron. How in the world could I raise my kids in the Mormon Church and avoid all the Mormon falsehoods??? Impossible.

So we ditched too and found a sound mainstream church where the focus is on study, relationships and service. With a good side dose of tolerance for ALL thrown in.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 08:06PM

Sounds like a higher calling, if you ask me. If you are willing to sit through a three hour block of mind-numbing repetition each week, you are a true mind warrior.

Are you secretly meditating? Do you dissociate and visit Venus? How can you stand it?

Anagrammy

Posted by: ! ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 08:24PM

Kindle ... iPad ... Blackberry ... just guessin' lol

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 08:21PM

I hope you make bishop some day, and then perhaps SP. If you're really good at undercover work, maybe they'll put you in as a GA, and perhaps even as an apostle. Imagine, some day you could be profit, and then you could release all of the financial details of the corp, and expose it all as a fraud!

Well, a guy can dream, can't he?

It would be good, however, to have an organized group of subversives within the corp's body, eating and exposing it from within...

Posted by: ! ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 08:25PM

Just being yourself is infiltrating in the minds of the TBMs. Not to mention showing up in a t-shirt and jeans.

Posted by: Infiltratinganon ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 08:21PM

I will be infiltrating the church to destroy them.

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 11:28PM

my wife to start questioning. But when she finally came around we hit the road because I just couldn't run the risk of having my three little girls indoctrinated by the Church during all the weird ass Sunday School lessons they would have been subjected to.

But as a single guy? I might have stayed and done my part. Good luck and keep us posted.

Posted by: rosie ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 11:31PM

BRILLIANT!!!!

Posted by: anony ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 12:41PM

I love this idea. I live too far from the nearest ward to do it now, and I wouldn't do it if I had kids at home, but after retirement I'd love to relocate to a town with a ward and become an agnostic infiltrator.
Maybe even inject some thoughts of good nutrition into those ward dinners?

Posted by: heytherejules ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 02:08PM

Amazing. I tried to do a similar thing with a couple of friends. One suddenly freaked out and told me, "It's so sad that I can't control what you're doing. I can't control your choices".

So Christ-like.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 02:15PM

How do you spark free-thinking in the youngsters? Is it reverse-psychology? Or do you slip in thought-provoking questions as if they're genuinely yours?

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 02:29PM

He's off being Agent P, infiltrating Doofenshmirtz Evil, Inc.

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 02:39PM

when Noah built the Arc that it was big enough to hold two of every kind. Since we don't know exactly what length a "cubit" was, I figure that the Arc was 30 miles wide and 90 miles long.

Must have been a lot a "she it" on that boat too.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 02:50PM

May whatever gods may be, called by whatever names they desire, bless you on your sacred mission. I for one congratulate you for your courage and committment! When dealing with a group that fosters a lie and seeks to bind the hearts and minds of men, there is no justifiable requirement that you play fair.

Put your shoulder to the wheel and all that!

Posted by: rosie ( )
Date: July 18, 2011 02:57PM

This is very inspiring. I would love to join in on the infiltration, however, I just tendered my resignation last week and have young children and a husband at home and I'm not willing to spend my Sundays away from them. But maybe in my senior years I will give this consideration!

Posted by: atheistinfiltrator ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 01:02PM

Wow, I got more responses than I thought. I enjoy every minute of what I do. I've actually had to study the BOM quite a bit more than I thought, just to look more legit. And I have to be honest, the most difficult part of this operation is seeding inside the church itself. Mostly I try to make friends, those who I see as being the more susceptible type. We all know who they are and they're pretty easy to identify once you get the hang of it.

Becoming popular is really my goal. It's working. It takes a lot of butt kissing and being "cool". Mormons are like anyone else out there, they seek attention, they want to be liked, they want to look up to people, they want to learn and are pretty friendly if you're one of "them".

As my popularity increases and more people get to know me I naturally get invited to more programs, outings, camping trips, boat trips, etc. This is really where I can get busy. Having some skills in the outdoors has also made me a popular informed guest for Boy Scout outings/trips.

When I'm talking around the campfire, on the boat, on the hike, at the basketball game (Not even that fond of basketball) is when I can be the most effective with the younger crowd.

At the same time I am probably forever impaired and unlikely to get promoted to higher status dominant-male positions (bishop, elder's quorum, etc) because I have not been on a mission. Despite having expressed my intentions to go on a "retirement"mission to the bishop-who I am pretty good friends with already, my status of being a non-RM is making me a little less effective...I believe.

My goal is to get at least a couple RMs or even missionaries currently serving on my side, which I think would be extremely powerful tools of infiltration. The later of which are of course easier to get to one on one, or should I say two on one, and are pretty impressionable young men and women.

The couple youngsters who are in on this really think it's fun, think of themselves as James Bondish and, most importantly believe they are doing this for the greater good.

Because I read a lot of Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and the like I have with me many "idea tools" that empower the mind and get people really thinking about things...in a non-obtrusive way. I believe when many of these intelligent youngsters start thinking for themselves it starts a chain reaction within their mind. My goal is to start that first spark. This spark is probably the most dangerous thing that can happen to the monstrous LDS church empire. And this is why they work so hard to keep their youngsters away from "bad websites", "bad TV shows", and "bad books".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 01:05PM by atheistinfiltrator.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 02:26AM

Waste of time and energy.

Posted by: NOM ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 02:23PM

You're way outnumbered by NOM's. They're going to change TSCC to a mainline denomination, like the Community of Christ.
Christianity without the weird, heretical crap.
That way, Mormons cankeep their cultural identity.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 02:41PM

You can''t save everyone but doing this will surely save a few and then they can save a few. I say go for it. Not a thing wrong with it.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 09:36PM

Love it! Can I please relocate you to the ward some of my indoctrinated super grandchildren attend?

I try to be a spark, but for sure 2 sparks are better than one!

And, anyone who admires Christopher Hitchens and Dawkins has to be amazing!

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 11:25PM

Key to moving up in the callings is giving the Cult $. If they see a cash flow coming from you, you will be advanced. I think this may be most important and they will overlook your lack of a mission if you become a cash cow.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 02:37AM

As a parent, I wouldn't be too happy about a person deliberately going against the way I feel fit to raise my children. What if the tables were turned? Religions always target kids because they are easy to manipulate. How is this different?

Posted by: Anon4ease ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 01:19PM

Critical thinking skill is the antithesis of indoctrination. No one should feel guilty for teaching this to young people. Parents who train their children for the harness are the ones doing wrong.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 04:16AM

I think you are making a mistake.

Your actions influence children much more than your words. The Mormon kids in your ward see you going to church every Sunday, teaching class, wearing a suit. Your own children (if you have any) see their father doing that every Sunday. When a parent says one thing and does the opposite, this can mess up a child, big-time. Where does Daddy stand? What does he believe? Who can we trust?

Integrity is a more important lesson to teach your children, and any other children. Be true to yourself.

I do not have the stuff that it takes to live a false life. If I went to a cult meeting, as myself, pretending to children that I was a Mormon like them--I would--implode.

I've known children of BYU professors, who's parents were bishops and RS presidents, and obeyed the BYU, rules because of their jobs. The difference was, that these parents really did not believe in the Mormon church at all, and they complained about it, and even objected to some of the doctrines--yet they attended all the meetings, for the sake of their jobs. The children of these jack-Mormons grew up to be very messed-up adults. They never developed any respect for their wishy-washy, cowardly parents, and they hate the Mormon cult.

Be straightforward and honest with kids, and they will want to emulate you. As you are--no kid will ever want to be like you.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 04:18AM

Oh, and those children of jack-Mormons ended up hating their parents, as well.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 07:47AM

Check the date of the OP???

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 02:42PM

In my role as a subversive I would visit investigators with the missionaries. The missionaries thought I was there to "bear a member's testimony;" I felt I was there to restrain missionaries from "minimizing."

LDS members are famous for minimizing the implications of Church membership. Some call it "Lying for the Lord." I am reluctant to make such an accusation, but missionaries will divert their converts away from anything "difficult." When I was with the elders I would ensure that the member knew how intrusive worthiness interviews could be, what tithing would be, etc.

Nobody that I visited personally ever joined the Church.

If the elders had an appointment but their investigator was "not home," they would be apologetic for not bringing me to a teaching appointment. "No problem - at least they are still eligible for baptism," I would say. If they had met me, their investigating journey would be over (as far as the Church was concerned).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.