Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 05:54PM

I have been looking for a new rug recently, and a famous TBM name caught my eye on this website:

http://www.rugs-direct.com/Details/KAS-DonnyOsmondTimeless-Havana/120767/193916

I had no idea he had branched out into home furnishings. I've also never previously heard the claim from marketers that a rug "encourage[es] family togetherness"...that's a new one!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 05:57PM

Well, if Marie can sell collector dolls, Donny can sell rugs.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 05:57PM

Yes, but would he lie like one?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 06:02PM

It ties the family together.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 07:15PM

I thought you meant he was selling new hairpieces for men, not unlike Eva Gabor did with women's wigs in the 70's IIRC.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 07:56PM

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 11, 2016 08:17PM

This will not stand.

Posted by: AnonNowatthemoment ( )
Date: August 12, 2016 07:20PM

This month he made public appearances at the mammoth home-furnishings trade show in Las Vegas, called the Las Vegas Market Show, promoting his company Donny Osmond Home.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 12, 2016 07:33PM

It makes sense from a business perspective he would branch out into a profitable Internet business before his working days are over.

As for his name selling rugs, heck, I wouldn't shop for one that carries an Osmond label. It would need to have more going for it than that.

Re his 'Timeless Collection,' there are 11 rugs in toto, each ranging in price from $30.60 to $495.

They all look very symmetrical, but void of artistry. And very cookie cutter.

Kinda like the Osmonds music .... ;)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 12, 2016 07:38PM

The family has been making a living with music for decades. Don't know of another family that can match their success.
I'm sure they have other abilities they want to pursue.
The LDS audience is a good place to market their products.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: August 12, 2016 10:10PM

Something and Osmond albums. I guess you have to put food on the table since the Dad did not manage their money well.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 12, 2016 11:58PM

From the Donny & Debbie Website:

"THE Donny Osmond BRAND: After 50 years of entertaining, Donny Osmond, role model for Home and Family, joins his wife Debbie in launching Donny Osmond Home by Donny and Debbie Osmond. The brand’s richness and heritage celebrates life and love with the tag line, “Making Home and Family #1.” Brand Management is provided by Clique Here, LLC with offices in Decatur, Georgia and Oakland, California. The brand personifies the same values and qualities that have made Donny an aspirational icon throughout the decades – it represents trust, excellence, integrity and family focus. Donny Osmond Home turns familiarity and fond memories into products that enhance harmony at home and encourage family togetherness."

Hey Donny....If you want to put home and family first, toss Mormonism. You'll find you have way more time and way more sensitivity and harmony for your family without Mormonism getting in the way. If you went to the temple you swore to always put LDS, Inc. first above all else. What were you thinking?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 07:05AM

Okay, so his rugs are more in conformity with advancing the cause of Communism, not promoting family values.

No inspiration to be found with his rug line.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 07:50AM

Mormonism and selling turds go hand in hand. You'd think they could come up with novel products, but they never really do. They always riff off of each other. Home furnishings. Vitamins. Oils. Mines. Pfffttt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.