Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: August 18, 2016 10:05PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 19, 2016 12:39AM

Gooey, smelly muck and mud all over everything. Been there, done that. And the horrible smell of mold and rot takes a long time to leave your house as things dry out. Our neighbors had to take down all their interior walls. Their walls were all papered, and this held the water inside the walls, so they were rotted inside and out.

Fortunately, most of our walls were painted. We had to remove all of our baseboards, as I recall, and my husband had to drill holes about 1 1/2" across, every yard or so, to let the insides of the walls air out.

We'd had to pull out all the carpet, so all we had was concrete floors until everything dried out, and the hordes of critters that had taken up residence when the floodwaters swept them in had to be located and removed before we dared to put in new carpeting.

It was an interesting experience, but I can't remember a time when I was more exhausted and achey. I'm glad to be in the High Desert Country now.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 19, 2016 02:22PM

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: August 18, 2016 10:25PM

Does Stan control those waters?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 19, 2016 07:11AM

When non-Mormons get flooded = God's wrath for their sinfulness.

When Mormons get flooded = a clear sign of Satan attacking us because of our righteousness.

See how simple it is?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.