Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 03, 2016 06:22PM

Our friendly Mormon Historian from Cancun makes this claim:

"Do you what what those plates of brass contain? The old testament. That is the reason why at biggining of the Mayan civilization is full of ritual like in the old testament. So who was the prophet that used the serpent of the great Jehova? Moses! If you don't know, that is the reason why we use that simbol as an universal simbol of healing in the medicine."

And: "But the buildings you see in those sites, we're not built in the book of mormon time. I mean, they are way after, so of course we're not built by the Nephites, they were built by the decendents of the Lamanites. So that is why they don't show a pure religion any more. I mean they show a lot of idolatry, but thanks to that idolatry, there are many things to show you."

I have a simple question. If the BOM peoples had the brass plates the entire time. Plus they had their own gold plate writings from before they left Jerusalem. Thirdly, they had a most impressive visitation from Christ (who caused the creation of the New Testament in the old world). How did they become so lost? They kept their own records right up until the final battle. They had their own record of Christ visit with them. How did they simultaneously know about Christ and yet also know nothing except vague idolatry?

Edit to add: The Rod of Asciepius -- the snake and the stick are of Greek origin and nothing to do with Moses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2016 06:29PM by Devoted Exmo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: September 03, 2016 06:32PM

And how did they lose their knowledge for building great and wondrous structures? The Lamanites went from building elaborate pyramids to crappy earth mounds for Zelph.

Date: September 03, 2016 06:34PM

Because Zelph was a white lamanite and they hated white people.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: September 03, 2016 06:40PM

I definitely need to pay closer attention to the scriptures

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 03, 2016 06:42PM

I had the same question, but realized that the whole BoM story is built on variations of Good Christian Love The Gospel Nephites vs. Slothful Forgot The Gospel Lamanites. How exactly the Slothful Layabout Lamanites built these beautiful structures and came up with snake & jaguar gods isn't quite addressed.

Anyway, all doubts are answered....

...because God.

Date: September 03, 2016 06:45PM

What puzzled me from the start was that God promised the land to the Nephites if they were righteous. But then, they lost their way and were wiped out and the land given to the sinister Lamanites. Apparently righteousness wasn't really the way to go about inheriting the land. God, again, is confused and confusing.

Edit to add: But I guess the ultimate ironic twist was that in the end, God really gave the land to the righteous White folks from Europe. He did get the last laugh on those dirty, filthy, lazy, slothful Lamanites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2016 06:46PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 07:20PM

Moses made a brass serpent and mounted it on a cross Numbers 21:9.

Anyone bit by a serpent only had to look at it and they were healed.

Date: September 05, 2016 07:31PM

Even so, it's still a strain to believe that with both the brass plates and their own record keeping (on GOLD no less!) that they were referencing Jesus as a white serpent god when he'd visited them not that long ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.