Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 03:33PM

And then blame you.

From the top 15, your spouse, down to your kids

It's just a matter of time

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 04:07PM

:( :( :(

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 04:09PM

I'm afraid of that. They are being so cool right now. I think it's just the being in shock effect. Once the shock is over and that actually realize what's happening and what this means.....it won't be so peaceful and loving.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 04:17PM

I've seen this happen in my own life. TBMs may be patient at first when they think that they might have the ability to change your mind about the church. But once they realize that you're not coming back, watch out...

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 04:28PM

A great deal of it is fear of the solidarity of their own posture. They are afraid that you will contaminate their "TESTIMONY".

Posted by: realtime ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 04:36PM

My TBM FIL asked me not to discuss religion at all in his presence and told me that his testimony was the most important thing in his life and he won't risk it by listening to anything or anyone but the brethren.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 04:36PM

Mormons are lovey-dovey in hopes an exmos will return to the fold. When that never happens, they turn to shunning or harassment.

Posted by: irishrose ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 06:33PM

Mormonism turns human relations, which are already fraught with pitfalls, into pure fuckery. A lifetime of cult indoctrination turned my uneducated aloof sister into a raging shrill harridan.

There ain't nothin more powerful than the odor of mendacity. You can smell it. It smells like death.
Tennessee Williams

The church of mendacity kills.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 06:49PM

Ha! They turned on you the moment they found out you went AWOL-er, apostate.

Their perma-fake smile faked you out...

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 07:37PM

It took 5 years as an exmo, but they've all turned on me

A major reason is I like a few beers now and then,

My oldest son accused me of not keeping the Sabbath day holy..non of his business,

My other son called me a creep for jokingly asking if a girl that a few of us were talking about, was hot,

All my tbm friends have shunned me..

I could go on and on.

My ex is a narcissisc, turbo, nazi tbm that has my kids wrapped around her unempathetic finger.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 08:10PM

There's one in my family that's trying to jump on the shun bandwagon. As soon as he can figure out how to make it look like none of it is his fault, I doubt he'll be heard from again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2016 02:27AM by madalice.

Posted by: thorn ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 08:11PM

Just waiting for the backlash now told my home teachers I was an atheist. Next month should be interesting.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 08:54PM

When I told the last bishop whose name I knew I was an atheist, he called me to be the Cub Scout Pack Master. I was an atheist with a key to the chapel. I hadn't been to church in 30 years at that time.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 08:43PM

every time the leaders talk about fellowshipping those of us who have "fallen away." They start being sweet and then if you don't fall in line quickly, they shun you.

I've had it much easier than most except my daughter. Right now, we are doing okay.

My ex's sister is giving her exmormon son hell for not being mormon. I called her on it recently and then cut her off. The die-hards are NUTS.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 08:57PM

"Shunning is ghawd's way of having relatives and former friends show you how much He cares."
--Pathos Lagrimas, Pinche Pendejo at large

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 11:31AM

; }

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2016 11:31AM by bordergirl.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 02:45PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Shunning is ghawd's way of having relatives and
> former friends show you how much He cares."
> --Pathos Lagrimas, Pinche Pendejo at large

Pathos Lagrimas was a pincho pendejo Baboso..... all around the town and back.... I shun him whenever I get the chance.

Posted by: Yusef ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 09:01PM

They will turn thier back on you like any cult . Then stalk you to try to reactivate you.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 09:41PM

Howdy 6-Iron, I'm very sorry that your sons said what they did. Admittedly, I don't know you, but I read your posts. From what you've written, we'd probably be friends. You'd root for the Leafs, me for the Kings--with a couple of beers, bro-hugs, and guy-insults thrown in.

I find it ironic that Mormons put such an emphasis on the Sabbath when Jesus routinely broke it to illustrate that legalisms aren't aren't part of the good news. You could probably argue with your son about rules and religion, but I doubt that you'd win anything.

Perhaps, depending on his age, you might want to approach him head on with the notion that you love him and respect him and his right to practice his Mormon religion, and that he needs to reciprocate to respect you for who you are as his Dad and an adult who does not believe in Mormonism.

As to your youngest son, any bets about what he and his peers talk about? I guarantee it isn't about supporting Boyd Packard's no masturbation rule! Let your youngest son know that you were once his age and you remember being shy around your parents when sex came up. Let him know that you love him and that you do not judge him for not being perfect, he needs to not judge you.

Well, enough serious talk! Best wishes and a hearty fuck the Morg, eh? Vent here if it helps. Gordie's Boner.

Posted by: Anono67 ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 11:03PM

You will love your children no matter what and hopefully they will do the same. But shame on them for not respecting that you are an adult who can do whatever they please on the sabbath. You should ask them if they expect/enjoy respect and then ask them to extend you the same curtesy. Being treated like an adult with freewill like the lds religion teaches deep down somewhere hidden is important. Also understand your children are absorbed by the religion. They are living and breathing it day in and out and you are a threat according to everything they are taught. Don't take these comments personally. They actually have nothing to do with you and everything to do with the cult.

Posted by: Anonymous93 ( )
Date: September 07, 2016 11:21PM

Maybe one day one of your children will leave as well and reflect on their previous selves and comments. Maybe one day.... Crossing my fingers over here for you & your children.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 02:05AM

They all turned on me before I resigned my church membership, so my path was relatively easy after I resigned.

Going forward, any dealings I might have with the church are pretty clear and set in stone to me. Right now, the mormon church is a fraudulant cult at best. If they want to change my opinion, I'll give them a list of names of several church leaders and members and what each one of them has done to me. Regarding the regular members on the list, I require either verbal apologies from every one of them, or that they be excommunicated if not. I require that the church leaders put their apologies in writing to me and on church letterhead. In addition, where those church leaders were acting according to church rules, policies, or training from the church, they've got to reverse the rule or add a new one in the church's world-wide policy handbook. If they meet every one of my conditions, they can graduate in my mind from 'dispicable cult', to 'good people doing their best to make the world a better place'.

So what about the whole 'only true church' thing? In my mind, I'll never believe that again, no matter what they do. Unless I have my own first vision and god tells me face-to-face, in-person to join the mormon church, I'll never go back. Since the church and everyone involved with my decision to resign will never all get together and apologize, put it in writing on church letterhead where the church leaders were involved, and meet my demands that they change church policy, that leads us back to where we started here. The church is and always was a fraudulant cult. That'll never change. And I am not going back. In addition, they've made an enemy of me. They've spent half of my lifetime and two years of that fulltime, training me on what they're really about and what their weaknesses are, only to create a trained enemy because of their own narcissism. They never were very smart anyway. They've made their choice and I've made mine. If god does exist, he's probably proud to see that every once in a while, someone actually stands up to those arrogant assholes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2016 02:25AM by azsteve.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 05:39AM

>>Unless I have my own first vision and god tells me face-to-face, in-person to join the Mormon church, I'll never go back.

I always say, if God wants me, s/he knows where to find me. Until then, I'm going to assume that I'm on my own and expected to use my own best judgment about things.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:42AM

Indoctrination in a cult tends to do this to people.....the cult is first and foremost and RIGHT, and you, the apostate, are at the bottom of the shitpile, something that must be totally avoided.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:59AM

You just chipped it in, 6 iron. They'll only indulge you while hope springs infernal in their tiny brains. When they despair of "saving" you, they knife you in the back. Hi Mom and Dad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2016 01:00AM by donbagley.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:16PM

"Christians" will shun you, too.

Once you let them that your soul is not up for grabs, and that you won't be attending (with them) The Church of the Redeemed of The High and The Holy that meets in the abandoned grange hall off the old highway, they will shun you, too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.