Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: September 10, 2016 02:06AM

I just posted this on the new Sam Young episode of Mormon Stories. I impressed myself so much that I actually think some of you might enjoy reading this ...

Have you ever considered that BIC causes actual brain damage?

===========

beyondashadow
September 9, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
My Dear Sam,

Cudos (sic) to you for your forthright candor and refreshing honesty. [sic: thanks to Anonincalifornia for the spell check > kudos]

I will be honest as well and observe that some of your logical processes are exhibiting evidence of the unavoidable brain damage that happens to lifelong Mormons who fully immerse themselves in the systemic mind-control brainwash so skillfully administered by The Brethren. What they are doing to the members is intentional and premeditated, while members have no clue that The Brethren are playing the members like violins skillfully tuned for a lifetime of pay, pray and obey.

In all fairness and due respect, Sam, you (and John as well) are freshly into your healing and recovery processes. Your brains will more fully heal and recover slowly over time. I myself have been out for 36 years by now, and my brain is nearly fully recovered (or so I tell myself . . . or more probably, I am still deluded).

Eventually you may come to this conclusion: If history shows that Joseph intentionally lied about many, if not most, if not all of the founding fundamentals of the Mormon Church, then it logically follows that most, if not virtually everything about the Mormon Church is fundamentally untrue at best, and spiritually, socially, emotionally and financially stunting and harmful to the members at worst.

Sam, I am sure that John can fully resonate with your sentiments to stay in the Church with the intention of improving it. You will eventually discover that The Brethren have no interest in your interest … as in no interest whatsoever. Why not just walk away and allow them to self-destruct under the weight of their own Spiritual Dwarfism?

You and your loved ones deserve better than to continue to associate with the very antithesis of your personal core values, Sam.

Please hear this plain and simple truth: The personal core values of The Brethren are diametrically opposite to your personal core values, Sam. Never in a million years would you remotely consider doing to your fellow human beings what The Brethren routinely do to the members of the Church … to whom they publicly feign love and service.

Here is a piece of counsel you can use for the rest of your life: If you want to understand someone’s motives, completely IGNORE their words, as in everything they say. Talk is cheap. Liars talk all day. Instead of listening to their words, focus entirely on their ACTIONS. Behaviors do not lie. Behaviors are driven by a person’s core values. Behaviors tell the truth that crafty words endeavor to conceal.

With The Brethren, focus on their behaviors. How do they treat members who do not fully conform to the pay, pray, obey brainwash programming? Your gut will guide you, Sam. When you have a gut response to what The Brethren DO while ignoring what they say, you are seeing clearly.

I wish you all the best! Thank you again for the courage to share your story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 02:47PM by beyondashadow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: September 10, 2016 11:45AM

Bravo!

As someone who was BIC and has been out of that church for even longer than you, I will say, I can see, looking back at the long road since then, that the church had tampered with my wiring. All of my vital connections to reality were re-routed. Search engines were pre-set to accept only one source of information. The currents of trust were set to go to one destination only and that destination was not myself. Worse, after so many years it was incredibly difficult to fix the damage. Recognizing the problem is only the beginning, not the end.

How many times have studies shown that the first years of our lives often lock into place how we will think, how we will process what we learn, and how we will act based on that?

I liken it all to those rare children who for whatever reason are deprived of learning a language until they are well into their teens or adulthood. Maybe they were "raised by wolves" or kept locked in a room or whatever, but studies seem to show that there is a point where picking up communication skills becomes more and more difficult because the ways of the brain are locked in at a certain point.

This is how I felt so many times after leaving Mormonism and the way you put this, beyondashadow, captures the tragedy perfectly. I could never erase the slate, but, I knew how to write over the top of what was there.

The circuits must be shorted and all connection to the Mormon church needs to be cut off. All of it. All I know is being honest with yourself is the key. Trust yourself first. Expose yourself to that which you were deprived of as a BIC.

Anyone who wishes to "stay and fix things" is living in a house built on sand.

Date: September 10, 2016 02:38PM

Hey, M!

I appreciate your resonance with my post. And thank you for so eloquently describing the LDS drain bamage in more detail.

It is a tall order to self-assess one's own brain damage. The human ego is wired to see itself as the Center of the Known and Unknown Universes and the Infallible Authority on Everything.

Regarding the CBW (correlated brain wash) expertly dispensed by The Brethren, it is curious to observe that not all of us are equally susceptible to surrendering control of our perception of reality and our cognitive process to the Mind Control Cult of Jesus Christ of Lobotomy-Duped Sycophants.

My TBM parents begat 7 progeny: 6 boys and 1 girl. All of us boys fully ingested the Kool-Aid, serving missions, temple marriage, etc. My sister, however, miraculously figured out the Church is BS when she was like 10 years old. She eventually determined all on her own that our parents were mentally ill and not to be trusted.

My theory explaining my sister is a baby switch at the hospital. Either that, or a good example of Nature trumping Nurture.

My sister is living with me now after escaping from an extremely destructive relationship. She is an amazing human being, and I feel proud to be her brother, and thankful for the baby switch.

It is heartening to have first-hand evidence that not all of us are helplessly susceptible to the otherwise brain damage of being B.I.C. born in the curse.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 02:42PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: Anonincalifornia ( )
Date: September 10, 2016 11:55AM

Very well expressed except for a minor mistake. It is kudos, not cudos.

Date: September 10, 2016 02:16PM

Hey, Anon!

Thanks for undoing another one of my neuron defects.

I'm still learning English at age 67.

My challenge will be to remember how to spell kudos the next time I want to give some out.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 10, 2016 03:16PM

I know a fellow who as a teenager attended a BYU Education Week where the teacher told him to pray hard, beleive in the power of the LARD to heal him of all his maladies and go off his insulin and it damn near killed him...and it caused him to have permanent brain damage.

RB

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 10, 2016 05:14PM

I remember sitting in the pew with my mind burning. It was like a hot coal in my cranium. I fidgeted and was told to be "more reverent." Six years old and forbidden to use my mind, arms and legs for hours. I needed more time to be a child than I got.

Date: September 10, 2016 07:20PM

TBM children are expected to perform as miniature versions of the brainwashed adult zombies masquerading as human parents in the ...

Mind Control Cult of Jesus Christ of Lobotomized Drainbamaged Sycophants

Simple Definition of sycophant
: a person who praises powerful people in order to get their approval
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 07:25PM by beyondashadow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.