Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 06:32PM

-- at least according to your TBM friends and relatives...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 06:48PM

Not "possessed" per se...but I have had some suggest I've been listening to him instead of magic jesus.

When I tell them I don't listen to any imaginary beings except Yoda, think it funny they do not. :)

Posted by: for petes sake ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:32PM

"Yes. Yes I am. Now go away."

You know, if they truly believed the accusation, and truly believed in the devil, they wouldn't dare say such a thing in the presence of such evil. They no more believe it than an average atheist. Which means... they think like atheists?

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:39PM

I just get told I'm "so lost". And I'm blinded by my own pride.

Had the scripture, " O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish. But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God." thrown at me a time or two.

Posted by: Anonforthisun ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:48PM

It's not quite that bad, but I did discover just how little I am allowed to say at family gatherings.

A relative is moving to an Indian reservation sometime in the future. I said, "He's really moving to a reservation? Do you think it will be okay to move there with his young children?" My elderly mother commented cheerfully that he and his family should be quite welcome because the Mormons and Native Americans have a great relationship. I then said,with a serious tone, not mocking or anything, "Oooh. I don't know. I know there's a big lawsuit going on right now against the church by a a tribe out there. (I didn't mention the nature of the lawsuit.)

It was just a few adults at the table, no kids, but my mom gave me a glaring look. So I stopped at that single sentence. She later took me aside and told me that what I said was terribly offensive, that she was offended but didn't want bad feelings between us, and that she only wanted me to say I was sorry to her. So after saying, "what? what? a few times, I said I was sorry, mostly out of pure shock! That little bit was horribly offensive?? Never in my life has anyone ever confronted me like that.

Even if I am mistaken about the story I heard, she could simply say, "no, you're mistaken about that." and then just explain. But I think because it's coming from a non-believer, that she takes it as being hateful and anti-Mormon or something.

I feel like if that's all it takes to cause a MAJOR offense, I can pretty much forget any sort of normal discussion being possible.

The next time I talked to her on the phone I just pretended we never had that conversation. But I still won't be able to speak my mind at all in her presence, I guess.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:52PM

"...The guilty taketh the truth to be hard..."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 05:54PM

There is an official MORmON narrative. The official narrative says that THE (MORmON) church is only benevolent, and should only be viewed as benevolent. There is no reason for law suits to be filed against Jesus's work ( "THE" church) ......unless it is Satan in action. Acknowledging the law suit as credible in any way is aiding Satan in doing the work of Evil. You were doing the the work of Satan by acknowledging the law suit in a way that gave it credence. It was the duty of a good member latter day saint to correct you. ( MORmONS suck, even, especially, when they are family)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:51PM

To be specific, it's Pazuzu who possesses me. He is a winged demon from Assyria who causes droughts and doubts, both of which I've experienced here in California. He's also got Linda Blair in his clutches, as can be seen in the Exorcist movie.

Date: September 19, 2016 08:08PM

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be specific, it's Pazuzu who possesses me. He
> is a winged demon from Assyria who causes droughts
> and doubts...

Assyrians can't get into the US without a thorough background check. I'm amazed his history as a winged demon let him get through. You must have sponsored him, yes?

Still, he sounds like more fun than Beelzebub, whose major attributes, it seems, are being attracted to dung, and inciting priests to lust...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 08:20PM

Pazuzu also has dual citizenship in Babylon, which I think is how he got in, considering Hollywood. He drives a Black Audi 8, security version. His favorite book is "The Screwtape Letters," by C.S. Lewis. Turn offs include Jesus, Mohammed and jealousy trips.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 08:43PM

And here's Pazuzu today. Slight name change, but I wasn't fooled. Wings are gone, but very aerodynamic. Still wicked.

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8440/8003519235_590a09f859.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 08:47PM by seekyr.

Date: September 19, 2016 08:52PM

Oh, I like me some Pazuzu! :)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:53PM

I am possessed by indolence, and buffeted by indecision.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 07:57PM

I'm possessed by Hedonism and a strong desire to nap....

I love it by the way.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 10:35PM

I honestly do not think I'm possessed by the Devil.

That said, I am often sorely tempted to walk up and give my full and complete testimony, "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again," then return quietly to my pew.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 10:38PM

My super asshole MORmON male parent would love to hit me with that one ......especially behind my back where he would not have to cope with having me scoff in his face and then point out that EVEN in my supposed condition of demonic possession that I have yet to threaten/ wish for the death of my children the way that he has done with me in all of his majestic MORmON ass holiness.

Funny thing, even though my MORmON Male parent so intently wanted to see me dead for daring to openly question and abandon his stupid secret handshaking MORmON cult, MORmON Jesus had him drop dead, instead of me!!!

according to MORmONS, bad Old satan sure does get around and get a lot done. MORmONS should think about recruiting Satan because he is vastly more effective at getting stuff done than dead wood lame ass MORmON Jesus. Satan is so much more effective at getting stuff done over dead wood lame ass dumb shit MORmON Jesus and his MORmON ASSpostHOLES.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 11:22PM

Yeah it sure sounds like your super asshole mormon male parent was Satan while he was alive. Yikes.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 11:25PM

I recon most TBM's would think that of me. Fuck 'em.

RB

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 12:33AM

I paid my exorcist to make sure I didn't get repossessed.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 05:10PM

I was, but I didn't pay my bill, so it got repossessed.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 05:25PM

Not sure, but I have been told I will go to hell.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 05:55PM

My TBM ex thought so, as he tried an exorcism on me which was just before I filed for divorce.

Date: September 20, 2016 06:51PM

adoylelb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My TBM ex thought so, as he tried an exorcism on
> me which was just before I filed for divorce.

Seriously? One of those raise your right arm to the square and tell Satan to depart kind of things?

Wow.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 06:59PM

Nobody has had the balls to say it to my face, but based on what I hear my TBM family members and their friends say about other people...my guess is that they say, 'Satan is working really hard on her.'

However! When I first got together with my nevermo boyfriend (now hubby), my TBM mother said to me (about him), 'I feel like we're dealing directly with the adversary!!!'

I can laugh about it now. :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.