Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 04:10PM

My family was having a problem getting conference to work so I helped them out. I eventually rebooted a bunch of things.

In the helping I got to hear some of these old wind bags. What I heard was yet another exclamation of joy over God returning his revelations to the planet.

Are they f-ing kidding now? Not baptizing children of homosexuals and reducing the missionary ages is what God raised up Smith for humanity today?

Of all the tired wheezings of the wizards of The Lord, this one might be the most prolific and definitely is the most ludicrous but it is the one all other wheezings are predicated upon in this "restoration" of God's revelation.

In my short almost half century on the planet a lot has changed. When I was a kid I never thought I would have a Star Trek communications device or that homosexuality would be more widely accepted. But then again The Mormon God didn't either so of all the Joseph lies still circling the Kolobian brain drain this one is the most ridiculous to me by far.

And it doesn't take much to reduce the majesty and awesome realities of "The Restoration" down to a shrug. The previous prophet did it so well.

God speaking to humans again is merely a Hinckley Hunch. How's that for...

Hinckley Genie: Phenomenal cosmic powers of revelation!

Hinckley Genie: Itty bitty living space! (Hinckley's brain)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2016 04:11PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 04:20PM

Just checked in on GC....some dude (I have no idea who the GA's are) telling me to pray to seek the companionship of the holy spook. Fuck that. Never had that particular boogeyman show up her.

RB

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 05:03PM

It would be such a touching testimony of the Holy Ghost to know that you felt his spirit and that Brother and Sister Burr knelt in humble prayer each morning and night. LOL!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 07:53PM

If you want a scrap just try calling my Catholic wife Sister Burr!! lol....and there ain't no praying in this house.

RB

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 08:59PM

The old fosdils i used to listen to said ya shud do prayers with your wife before conjugating...course he was 75 and just married to a 17 year old beauty...imma thinking he was praying for more than guidance...the blue pills were invented as an answer to his mighty prayer...at that time it would be thirty years till gawd created a four hour boner miracle...he died never knowing the surge...ye old plygs rejoice in these miracles...see gawd answers the prayers of his servants the profits...but theres a thirty year time lag...about like tscc...the old buzzard managed to motherize that 17 year old at least twice...two spoiled little buggers...cuz gawd was watching

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 09:25PM

I wonder if that one was my grandpappy Rulon Jeffs?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.