Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: George Q Cannon ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 11:14PM

it has now be proven the original justification for the Iraq War was a fabrication and the weapons of mas destruction were not found.Senator Smith said he felt the lords hand in the Iraq war.How many Americans died in the American occupation?The senator hoped the overthrow of Saddam Hussein would open the door for mishie work.Yet in the longer run,it led tot he development of Isis which is more opposed to religious freedom of any sort that has been seen in world history.Ordinary Muslims could be executed for defying Isis.The British paliamentry Chilccot report has conclude the justification of the war was a lie and that former world leaders such as Tony Blair could be prosecuted for war crimes for their instigation of the war.It is not cold and callous to want a war to further supposed christian missionary work that is based on false evidence for the wars justification?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jen AZ ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:20AM

As a mother of an Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, cold and callous does not come close to describing it. I can not even begin to express my anger at his comments. Now that the war is considered "over", I would like to see his family members be shipped over to that mega shithole in the sand to be the first to serve their missions.

The US has lost over 4500 military members since 2003 in Iraq and over 35,000 wounded. Those numbers of course do not count the ongoing suicides from the invisible wounds and the vets fighting for someone at the VA to diagnose health problems from burn pits and delayed onset of physical ramifications of TBI's that were not dealt with in the field.

The sad thing is that in their little pea brains they would all think it's worth getting a shot at a few more brain washed trolls to pay tithing to support their cult even at the expense of the lives lost and families changed forever. After all, I doubt that it was their loved ones in combat in the sandbox.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:11PM

Same here...dad of two IRAQ/Afgan USMC vets, both in heavy combat. I cannot tell you how many times I felt my boys were not coming home. Both opted out of missions to serve their country, and both eventually out of the cult like me. I am absolutely appalled and infuriated.

So apparently, the little prophet men are wrong about the war, it did not open any doors for their cult AND their son's will not be going over to peddle Joseph's Myth.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:15PM

Neither does this include the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed, many of them children. (In fact, the trade-off for every "high-value target" killed was 28 civilians killed either in crossfire, or when Americans blew up a whole apartment to kill one occupant.)

Also not included are the British casualties.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:47AM

One thing that has not been mentioned that naturally this guy is talking to his home team, so he's going to use inside baseball terms and be a fluffer for the big stars.

Still, that *is* the problem. He's ass-kissing "prophets of God" in a made up religion as if they really have authority.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:53AM

...if, rather than trying to convert live Iraqis, just collect the names and death dates of those who are killed, and do their proxy work a year later. They still get to go to Mormon heaven.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 11:38AM

The reasons for being there are even more callous and cold.

I remember hearing the same thing at church. People claiming that God was preparing the Iraqi people to hear the gospel, people claiming 9/11 was preparing people to hear the gospel, and people reminding us that Gordon had said in GC that we were not at war with the people of Iraq...he also prophetically said that he didn't know how long it would last. Yea, even unto this day, nobody knows how long this will continue.

During the whole time, I don't recall even one person stating that those people's records and geneologies should be tracked down and taken to the temple. It seems to me that if the Lord was preparing them for mormonism, he'd send the spirit of Elijah to inspire the leaders and members to begin the effort.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 11:59AM

Cold, Callous but most of all self-promoting. Selfishness that knows no limits as he painted himself a great spiritual warrior for the Lord.

What he gained was a higher standing on the Mormon ladder while others lost family, lives, and body parts to pay for his advancement.

Cold and callous does not cover it.

Why didn't the prophet of the Mormon church know the war was a fraud and stop Smith from spewing this self-serving poison which basically admitted the only way his omniscient God could possible expand His church was by creating a bogus bloody war.

Posted by: hypnos ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:37PM

Are we allowed to state the obvious here that the Iraq invasion was a stupid idea?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 03:41PM by hypnos.

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 01:02PM

yes. calculating, cold-hearted, inhuman

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 02:10PM

I said in another thread that the reason I resigned in October 2002, is that it was exactly a year after some Molly said in the SS "class" that the attacks were a "blessing." She probably agrees with Smith in that the region would be opened to missionary work, but I don't think she would actually like to see her sons or grandsons go to Iraq.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 02:12PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 03:04PM

Oh, the irony in this that peace, non-violence, can be considered the work of Satan.

"God's" command to lop off Laban's head to "further the work", multiplied by more than 500k (the number of lives lost).

Posted by: Not Callous ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 03:55PM

I don't feel his comments were callous at all. In fact, I feel that 9/11, and the resulting conflict in Iraq, were both blessings in the bigger picture.

Regarding the civilians who died, and those who happened to be in a dwelling where a target hid, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Remember, this is all Heavenly Father's will.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 04:05PM

How many loved ones have you lost in 9/11-Iraq war? or are you a private contractor who has made money on war?

Posted by: Not Callous ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 04:06PM

I've made money as a sub-contractor, yes. Moot point.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 04:27PM

Well, we do know that mormon Jesus likes making money...

Posted by: synonymous ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 12:49PM

The ironically named Not Callous wrote -

"Regarding the civilians who died, and those who happened to be in a dwelling where a target hid, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs."

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it were YOUR eggs that were being broken. Hypocrite. Typical TBM.

"Remember, this is all Heavenly Father's will."

Heavenly Father can go fuck himself. He is an asshole.

"I've made money as a sub-contractor, yes. Moot point."

Absolutely relevant. You're also a war profiteer, conceding that you have a vested interest in supporting the war.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 07:38PM

I thought that the Middle East was closed for missionary work!?? Maybe because Islam is so dominate there...

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:34PM

YEs

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:42PM

Over & Over, LDS leaders & their wanna-be minions parrot the same lies & turds...

They IGNORE the wishes of the rank-and-file (ever try writing one of them? Did you get a personal response addressing the Substance of what You wrote??) while claiming to be in touch.

When their actions (or inactions) miss-statements, guffaws, failure if not Down Right REFUSAL to invoke their own claims/values come up, they Clam Up; the change the subject, they blame the questioner, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 10:44PM by GNPE.

Posted by: send him over ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:47PM

I'd say it skirts closer to treason. When voting Federally, he's beholden to the Constitution, not the church. He's to act in allegiance to the country.

For him to vote to use Federal resources and personnel to promote the church is a grave betrayal of his oath. If he cannot freely take and honor a Federal oath, then he shouldn't have ran for office.

I see the only appropriate punishment is that he be sent over on a two-year mission, immediately.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:48PM

B-b-but...we had to destroy the country to save it!

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 02:16AM

There were only 25,000 ISIS Members in Iraq and Syria for a long time. Now they're in 11 different countries and spreading like a virus. Mormon missionaries made up a reported 90,000 missionaries. Why not give each one of them a gun, all the training and air support and intelligence they could possibly need and send them in after ISIS?
Wouldn't that be a lot better use of their time than a 2 yr mission?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 12:23PM

He's just one of many who live in a fantasy world where wars actually fix things.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 12:27PM

heartless and stupid.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 02:21PM

One of the missed opportunities for Senator Smith was to get a law passed through Congress to have the names of the soldiers that pass on in the armed services
passed along to the temples to get them baptized for the dead before the families are notified. This would pretty much go along well with what Senator Smith
has spoken about to the Brethren who were very gracious in accepting Senator Smith's comments regarding the Lord causing this war/suffering so some more people
can come into the church. That way their salvation can be sped up instead of the deceased soldiers being sent to Spirit Prison initially for longer than needed.
And the Church could have its reputation better established famously as being on par with the holy pious people at Westboro if we could get the names processed
faster. Some anti-Mormons might think its lacking empathy for us all to celebrate the baptisms for the dead soldiers upon them losing their lives in action.
But in the church we don't focus that much on empathy because obedience to the Brethren is what really matters.

Date: October 05, 2016 02:35PM

Is this satire? Having been an "anti-Mormon" for the last decade (post 40 years of Mormonism) I cannot tell if you are kidding. If you are "honest TBM", you would be the first one that I have met. Like I was, you have been indoctrinated since birth to believe in Joseph Smith and the BOM. Unlike me, you are apparently not phased about facts and findings surrounding the BOM, Joseph Smith, and the dark history of the early church and it's prophets. When I found out about Joseph Smith having 31+ wives, teen brides, Fanny Alger, Helen Mars Kimball - I knew I had been duped all those years by my parents and the church. Facts like no evidence of the BOM whatsoever (i.e. Archeoology, linguistic, cultural, locale, etc). Not to mention the blatant racism and homophobia.

When I hear you say suggest "lacking empathy for us all to celebrate the baptism...dead soldiers" - it is very strange, fanatical, and inappropriate.

So you suggest that Senator Smith missed this opportunity..hmmn...well he made his comments in the presence of so called prophets, seers, and revelators. Don't you think they already knew that? And why didn't they mention it in the meeting. Sounds like you think you are better, smarter, and wiser than Senator Smith? That's one aspect of TSCC that I hated - the one upmanship. Thanks for reminding me. People always pointing out what op's were missed, what I did wrong, how I could have been better.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 03:22PM

Exmoron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this satire?

Yes, it is.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 02:35PM

Honest TBM Wrote:
> One of the missed opportunities for Senator Smith
> was to get a law passed through Congress to have
> the names of the soldiers that pass on in the
> armed services
> passed along to the temples to get them baptized
> for the dead before the families are notified.
> This would pretty much go along well with what
> Senator Smith
> has spoken about to the Brethren who were very
> gracious in accepting Senator Smith's comments
> regarding the Lord causing this war/suffering so
> some more people
> can come into the church. That way their salvation
> can be sped up instead of the deceased soldiers
> being sent to Spirit Prison initially for longer
> than needed.
> And the Church could have its reputation better
> established famously as being on par with the holy
> pious people at Westboro if we could get the names
> processed
> faster. Some anti-Mormons might think its lacking
> empathy for us all to celebrate the baptisms for
> the dead soldiers upon them losing their lives in
> action.
> But in the church we don't focus that much on
> empathy because obedience to the Brethren is what
> really matters.

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be satire...

Date: October 05, 2016 02:37PM

Lol...you're probably right. I feel like an idiot now.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 02:45PM

Exmoron Wrote:
> Lol...you're probably right. I feel like an idiot
> now.

Nah, please don't feel like an idiot, because that would mean that I---often satire-challenged for as long as I can remember---am probably, therefore, an idiot to the max. ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.