Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bearlaker ( )
Date: March 26, 2011 06:13PM

What does his bishopric think about his not supporting the .gov?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 10:57PM

OOPS! LD$ don't think rationally. Besides TSCC makes things up as they go along, and change eternal principles when convenient. They forget about the AofF all the time, especially the part about allowing others to freely practice their religion or lack thereof.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 10:18AM

I would think they would quote that part of the D&C which states that if a government has their boot on your neck and are abridging your rights, you are within your god-given right to rebel against such a government. Only if the government respects one's rights are you required to support it.

Now, that became problematic in formerly Communist countries that denied the right of free speech and assembly, but for SOME reason the power that be in the Church told the members to comply. Same with the Nazis.

I'll never understand it.

Date: March 28, 2011 11:25AM

I agree with both of you. And after all Glenn is a celebrity.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:24PM

look the other way, more than likely.

Date: March 28, 2011 01:32PM

My TBM inlaws have said some pretty revolutionary things since Obama was elected.
They never used to talk about politics.

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:50PM

They look at the tithing dollars he brings in and smile.

Date: March 28, 2011 12:54PM

LOL

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:16PM

As his viewers dwindle in number they get safer, but he's quite likely to decide to turn on them and tell the world they made him crazy. Anything for ratings.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:41PM

His wife would cut him off, and it's pretty obvious which head does the thinking for this guy...

They have a long history of accomodating wingnuts (so long as they don't get caught drunk in public or something similar); if it's perceived that Beck "costs" Romney the presidential nomination or election in 2012 (or Huntsman in 2016), they'll distance themselves a bit, saying that's "Beck's opinion," but he does represent the wingnut views of a substantial percentage of LDS membership (see Freedom Forum, LDS).

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:33PM

My question is, how many people would follow Glen out of mormonism if he decided to make a break? Which profit would be more important to his fans?

Date: March 28, 2011 01:34PM

Good question.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 03:13PM

Who gives a shit? BYU doesn't play sports on Sunday, but it was okay for Steve Young to play on Sunday in the NFL, sans his jesus jammies. Where were Marie Osmond's garmies when she was on Dancing with the Stars? Johnny Miller works golf every Sunday. On and on the list could grow....

I could give a flying F%ck what Glenn Beck's bishop thinks.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.