Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tazo ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 04:04PM

Does anybody know of any other organization the world that doesn't permit a parent to see their child's wedding?

I can't think of one. It's ironic they have been able to market themselves as such a family-oriented organization when they do this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 04:22PM

That was one of the first things I learned about this stupid 'church' when we moved to Utah in 1993. Even tho my daughter was only starting 2nd grade at the time, I was already leery about anyone trying to convert her and this was one of the first reasons why I was determined to keep her away from the clutches of the LDS bullshit. In the end, I needn't have worried. She did marry into a Mormon family but my son-in-law has been inactive since before he met her. This practice is one of their most heinous, IMO.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 04:53PM

IMHO That practice is unconscionable!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 05:55PM

This was one more reason I so wanted out with my children intact before the cult had their hooks and claws in them into their adulthood.

Once the realization hit me it was a cult (it took me years to learn that because I'd been born and raised in it,) I knew in good conscience if I was leaving so were my children with me.

I'm so thankful we got out when we did. Can't say life has been peachy or ducky ever since. But at least we're not going through it with shackles on and eyes that are blindfolded.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 07:13PM

"The only thing worse than a conservative Mormon is a conservative catholic." --St. Agnes of the Beautiful Face

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: October 15, 2016 02:35PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchu
> rch/passively-attend-non-catholic-funerals-wedding
> s/#.WAFgz-grKUk

Notice on that organization's website that they have the aim of "exposing the false post-Vatican II counter-church." In other words, they are a (very) fringe group that is flat-out accusing the current Catholic church of being "false". The Pope, among others, would not approve of them rejecting Vatican II.

Posted by: runrunrun ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 07:10PM

so how come mainstream media doesn't expose this?

I just don't get it.....

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 10:03PM

I've always wondered why the media gives Mormonism such a free ride. I think A religion has to be responsible for a death before the media will risk the wrath of the religious right wing machine.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 08:03PM

Not that I'm aware of.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 10:06PM

Yes. Men and women are not allowed in the same room. Do some research. I forget now, but marriages and funerals etc. have always been about a lot of ritual and strange behavior!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 10:06PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: tazo ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 12:47AM

"Do some research."?! Please excuse me.

I was asking you to share your knowledge of any research you have done. One of the benefits of this site is to share knowledge so we don't have to duplicate the hard efforts of others.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 08:11AM

If you need someone else to spoon feed you The Answers you might as well go back to church.

Posted by: Elizabeth ( )
Date: October 15, 2016 02:11PM

Uhh, Catholics attend non-Catholic weddings and funerals all the time...and yes they are allowed to.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 01:22AM

Temple wedding isn't really much of a wedding anyway, no?

"Boom, boom, yadda, yadda, consecrate everything to TCOJCOLDS, yadda, yadda, boo, boom."

"Next!"

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 03:42AM

So much for (so-called) family.

It's just another cliche in TMW [the Mormon world]

Are you kidding? It's a disorganization. Out of love. Under-truthed. Togetherness: another dream in TMC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.