Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 09:27PM

I don't have a lot of money. But somehow we stretch it so everybody eats, and the girls get to school in good clothes. We don't have a car but we really don't need one (good bus system where we live). The beach is just a five-hour bus ride away when we want to unwind. I don't have as much work as I'd like, but I fill my free time playing sports with the girls in the park, doing some volunteer work, studying Spanish, reading nonfiction, listening to jazz etc.

Would I trade my life for the life of one of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles? Absolutely no way. I mean, I can't remember the last time I had to put on a necktie. Use an alarm clock? Hell no! And the extent of my lying is exaggerating how much I love my wife's chicken soup.

I'm 65, which means there are plenty of the Quorum who are older than me. Sad pathetic old men. They should "take a walk on the mild side," as I like to say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 10:20PM

I would never want to be an apostle. I wouldn't mind being one of a handful of men that were in the first presidency but never part of the 12.

I'd hang around to see how things work and then return to normal life after a few years.

Posted by: I would ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 02:28AM

I would just to shake up the whole institution. I would dive straight into the philosophical teachings of Jesus which undermines their ridged authority. It would be great to use Jesus's teaching in an intellectual way to make their heads explode. Who won't want some guy up calling the church out on itself to repent. It would cause a coup, it would be great.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.