Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 12:14PM

I saw two mishies walking around town and turned around so I could hand them a few buck and say "What are guys walking around in the dark for? Go to 31 Flavors and get your self a treat! And look up something called the CES letter!" However, they stood at the door of a house for a bit trying to do their pitch, and when they left I noticed one of them was in his mid 40's with no name tag, and the younger guy seemed to have two two name tags; they went to another house, so I said "screw it" and went home, thinking maybe these guys weren't LDS'ers. They didn't look like JW's, they had the requisite short sleeve white shirts (for SoCal), and the younger one had the over the shoulder messenger bag and carried his BoM/bible.

Anyone seen this before, or just another cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 12:20PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 12:56PM

I would bet they were J-Dubs. I've seen lots of them here in SoCal looking like the elders.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 01:10PM

They could be doing splits. That's when a full-time missionary is paired off with a member so they can cover more ground. Have no idea why one would have two name tags. I've never seen JW's wear name tags but I haven't seen them in my neighborhood for years. Things change. If the younger one was doing most of the talking, I'd guess they were LDS doing splits.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 07:11PM

"They could be doing splits. That's when a full-time missionary is paired off with a member so they can cover more ground."

Yeah, that way, they can get twice the number of doors slammed in their faces in the same time.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 02:25PM

It's possible that he had a notebook or something in his shirt pocket that stuck up and looked like another name tag--it was dark.

I think it's funny to imagine JW's *trying* to look like LDS mishies, as if they know people are less likely to not open the door for them!

In any case, it looked like they weren't having any luck. So there is that. I think I'm going to take the money I was going to give to them and go to 31 Flavors myself...or maybe a nice ice blended mocha at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf!

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 08:36PM

Ice blended mocha? At Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf? A, , , chicken, , could I tag along? and let you get me one of those too??? I promise to be nice,

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.