Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ballaboy234 ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 09:30PM

100+ years since he's been dead and he is still fuckin with my life. I wish I could go back in time and strangle that bitch. I'm honestly trying to move forward with my life, but it seems like every time I try to pull further away from the church I'm getting all sorts of drama, hate, and backlash from those who are supposed to be supportive. It's hard to live a happy life when people are telling you that you are an evil person simply by Leaving a cult. I'm just done; I don't know how much more of this I can handle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 09:35PM by Ballaboy234.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: athens415 ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 09:32PM

Yeah that guy sucks. I have no relationship with my family because they think I'm a complete failure of a human.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 09:32PM

It's only been 172 years, but yeah I completely understand!

Posted by: Ballaboy234 ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 09:37PM

Lol I should've reviewed my comment before posting. Hah thanks

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 01:10AM

Screwing your wife from beyond the grave. Joe Smith had him some skills.

Posted by: TheBishop'sDaughter ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:14AM

I know what you mean. I hate that a freaking conman from the 1800's is still in control over so many lives. Being out of the cult I cannot believe I thought he was so good my whole life. I am kind of blown away with how long the church has lasted after all of the crap it's done. I'm sorry you're dealing with people treating you badly. No one deserves that. You learn who is really there for you when you leave. I hope things start looking up for you. Best wishes.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 03:41AM

Joseph Smith is a sausage in my father's throat.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 10:40PM

ROFL!

Date: October 30, 2016 10:44PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2016 10:45PM by westerly62.

Posted by: FreedomfromtheCult ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 12:05PM

Read "No Man Knows My Story" and "Under the Banner of Heaven" for objective views of the craziness of Mormonism. Also know that there are many of us out there that have successfully left the insanity of the cult and live happy and productive lives through the grace of our Savior Jesus.God-the God of the Bible-be with you and good luck!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 12:10PM

Doncha love those portraits of Prophet Numero Uno where he's all dressed up in his Sunday best and facing you with that sanctimonious smirk on his face?

Gives new meaning to "lipstick on a pig."

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 12:12PM

Yeah, just imagine him in a barricade room attempting to persuade his latest spiritual wife to do her temporal wife duties for him.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 12:24PM

J.S.'s greatest strength is that he's dead and we cannot get him in front of a camera and rip him and his religion to shreds. Second, there are so many romanticized and fabricated stories about his greatness that cannot be stamped out because they have been around so long and passed around so widely. And third, he is a martyr. Had he been allowed to live I believe he and his religion would have withered and died a natural death as did so many other cult religions of that era.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 01:32PM

I remain of the opinion that had JS lived a rich, full life, his religion would have crumbled around him, from the top down.

A fictional account of how this would have happened could make for some fun reading!

Date: October 30, 2016 02:36PM

Get on that Old Dog! Who knows, you might make a million.

Posted by: anonnerd ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 12:28PM

I think if I could go back in time I'd be tempted to kill JS over Hitler. I mean at least people recognized Hitler as evil. JS is a glorified asshole in disguise.

Date: October 30, 2016 03:13PM

If you had killed J.S. you would have been the bad guy and he would have been the hero, kind of like it is today. Hitler was found out because he failed miserably and hated his followers for failing him. He even had a plan to destroy all of Germany if the German army lost the war. He had bombs that were supposed to be set off but never were. Notice how he put the blame on the army and not himself as their leader and his own stupid self worshiping mega ambitions. That's what the LDS church does today. If things aren't as they should be it's not because the leaders are failing in leadership it's the followers who aren't giving 200%. Remember that LDS, Inc. claims to hold the power of God on earth. If they are failing then God is failing. But since that is impossible it has to be the members. It's always a lose-lose for the membership.

Having visited Missouri not too long ago, I found that many of the people living there today are quite proud of their ancestors who drove the Mormons out and killed J.S. And many of the locals in Nauvoo would like to drive the Mormons out again for driving up property taxes. But the Mormons will tell you how grateful the locals are for bringing tourism to their city. Not true. There's not enough businesses in Nauvoo to bring in much revenue to everyone. It's the Mormon owned businesses, many who return to Utah in the winter, who have snagged what little money there is to be made from cheap Utah tourists. And don't forget, even those Mormons who live in Nauvoo are sending 10% or more back to SLC which brings down the economy where they live. Mormonism helps nobody but its top leadership.

Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 02:35PM

Too bad Sidney Rigdon's wife burned all the original documents that would have clearly exposed Joseph Smith. Of course today, we have all the proof we need, but it requires some basic reading of which mormons are not willing to do. Sad

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 03:52PM

I think the main thing the LDS church has going for it when teaching a prospective member is that the BoM was written in Biblical style and is long-ish and Joseph Smith was fairly young. So of course it MUST be from God.

No other explanation ever seems to come to mind, like maybe it took longer than he claimed, or maybe he plagiarized other works, or maybe other people wrote it or helped to help write it, or maybe it was a bit rougher in the beginning and has since been edited.

Date: October 30, 2016 10:45PM

Right on Brother! Sometimes you just need to say it plain and simple like that.

At this point in my life, one of the only reasons that I wish there was such a thing as an afterlife is so I could get in line to kick that guy's ass.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.