Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: if i had my own world ( )
Date: November 05, 2016 03:00PM

Dont known if anyone else saw this, but someone linked a dallin oaks post from facebook this morning stating that he and his wife just got back from a 10 day trip to central America where they went to a regional conference with 16,700 saints in attendance (el Salvador only). He also said that they have 120,000 saints in that country which equates to a 14% attendance rate at the conference. I think its safe to assume that nearly all active members in that country would have traveled to go to this conference as el Salvador is a tiny country. He said they brought members in on 200 buses which leads me to believe the stakes probably bussed the members in. I think all this does is gives another glimpse into the activity rates in Latin America.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 05, 2016 03:20PM

I live in Latin America and witnessed something similar several months ago--a Q12 dude dropped by. Folks showed up to see the Magic Gringo because doing so is obedient. Then they checked off "saw Magic Gringo" on their to-do lists and went home.

TSCC can get away with such conceit and condescension in and to the developing world for the time being, because the developing world still trails TSCC in things like internet usage and many hereabouts still reflexively acquiesce; questioning authority is a tool many of my neighbors do not yet possess.

But not for long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.