Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 04:00PM

When my family does the occasional scripture reading, I found a way to do it without making snappy, gets-them-offended commentary or falling asleep, this magical way of reading crap is called pretending it's a poorly written novel, I use the Quad for a more in depth look at this way of thinking. Anyway while reading I ended up with a bizarre thought that is a viable plot twist; What if the true villain isn't my brah Lucifer but the ultimate "good" guy, Elohim?!? I have presented evidence of this so here it goes;
-God has a penchant for Genocide-In the Morg version of Sodom and Gomorrah he destroys it based on the fact they are all homosexuals and therefore "impure", if you think about it he's committing mass murder based on the fact they are excepted in His worldview, which puts him on the level of (drum roll) Adolph Hitler.
-God keeps his wife imprisoned-Think about it, like so many rapists in history he keeps his "favorite" hidden from view(probably in a heavenly basement) and extracts brutal dominance of her, also has other not so favored wives (slaves?) and impregnates the virgin Mary physically without consent (rape).
-Plays groups against each other all the time for his own reasons-From the Israelites to the Mormons of Nauvoo this is eerily similar to the tactic of many historical dictators.
-Bans idols and ideas contrary to his
And finally;
-The story of Job-He bets against Satan, and it's GOD who causes all or most the pain for the poor dude to prove a point (now that's F'ed up people),

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 04:18PM

You make some excellent points here...

I am printing this off and putting it inside my secular history of the Bible book...

...great amplification (from an unexpected perspective) of points made in the secular history book.

Thank you!!!

Date: November 14, 2016 04:35PM

It reminds me of a dystopian novel (so those the idea of the Celestial kingdom)

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 04:18PM

Not specific to mormon scriptures but yeah, I see what ya did there... :)

Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 08:53PM

And evil shall be known as good, and good as evil.

Posted by: logs out a lot ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 10:23PM

And in the Garden of Eden, according to Mormon doctrine, God puts Adam & Eve into a double-bind no-win situation: I command you not to eat, but I also command you to have kids, which you can't do unless you eat. Thanks God, you're a pal!

(Standard Xtian interpretation is that the two nudies simply screwed up. No mixed messages or conflicting orders.)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 14, 2016 10:43PM

God is a deadbeat father.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 15, 2016 02:11AM

Adolph Hitler is now a mormon

Date: November 17, 2016 04:46PM

Oh my God I forget about that.....more fuel to my antireligion fire!

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 12:55PM

If the God of the old testament (and this is Jesus Christ himself, according to Mormon teachings) were real, then he would be indicted by an international tribunal for crimes against humanity.

A genocidal, narcissistic, psychopathic-sadist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.