Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LemonSherbet ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 09:43PM

Could I wear black leggings with either of these skirts ?
http://www.thekesselrunway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/modcloth_heruniversebespinhothskirtsfeature-800x533.jpg

Would it look weird? Passable? Cool? I can't decide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 09:49PM

Attitude! Attitude is Everything!

Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 11:27PM

I do it all the time, you just have to be sure to wear black on top so it doesn't confuse the eye.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 11:31PM

The old fashioned wrist to ankle garments would work well with these!

Posted by: link ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:09AM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:17AM

I don't see why not. The skirts look nearly the same?!

The second one would be my pick to go with black leggings - it would depend on how well you're able to accessorize your outfit to go with either skirt.

In the cold northern climate where I live it's pretty common for women to pair leggings with skirts during winter and autumn.

I would go with a longer skirt - but that's my personal preference. If you have the legs for the shorter skirt, I say go for it. :)

Posted by: exsoeurorleans ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:31AM

Black leggings go with just about anything - and honestly the skirt length doesn't really matter when you've got leggings on. I LOVE the Star Wars theme on the right - can't quite tell what the left one is. Then again, modcloth is one of my favorite sites!

Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:50AM

Absolutely, with both. I like link's pic above with the black shoes. Also could go with black booties or boots. Think "cohesive"!

I would do it.

Of course YOU have to like it. If you don't like it, then don't wear it.

Fashion is ALL ABOUT MAKING YOURSELF HAPPY!

"What-not-to-wearily" yours (channeling my inner Stacy London!)

And I'm loving the starwars theme!

applesauce

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 01:20PM

Maybe tights rather than leggings.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 03:57PM

rubi123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe tights rather than leggings.

Agreed. Make sure your shoes are black, too. Grey tights would look nice with both skirts as well, but they are a bit harder to find.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 06:42AM

NeverMo in CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rubi123 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe tights rather than leggings.
>
>
> Agreed. Make sure your shoes are black, too. Grey
> tights would look nice with both skirts as well,
> but they are a bit harder to find.

I agree with grey - black is too harsh with a mainly white skirt. Charcoal leggings or cable knit tights would be as dark as you could safely go with this skirt at any age - black tights or nude leggings or spanx are for the younger ladies who have no children to embarass.

If you really want to stand out - 2 pairs of 40 denier black tights creates patterns on your legs as the light reflects off when you walk.

The ultimate classic look at any age with that skirt (or any other short skirt) would be knee high leather boots and a full/knee length coat. When you opt for the boots & long coat combo you can have as much fun with coloured tights or leggings as you wish.

Loads of advice in the thread - you are bound to find something to suit :)

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 03:39PM

Short, tall, fat, thin, young, old, you wear whatever you want.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 02:05AM

There seems to be such a wide divide separating those who do as you say from those who 'worry' about their attire!

You're gonna be dead in less than 100 years!! Without breaking any laws, just please yourself! It's likely that no matter how much you stress about a 'thing', someone is going to say he/she doesn't like it. And this is why ghawd gave us the power (if and when we chose to use it) to smile and say Eff Ewe!

If you don't want to get caught saying it, say "Eiffel Tower Lamb" instead.

Posted by: Ericka ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 02:11AM

I think grey tights, gray shoes and a gray top would look good. Black seems a bit strong for the light pastel skirts.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 03:58AM

Cool skirts!!!

I have gray denim jeggings, that I wear with natural leather booties, and a lace-collar scoop neck tee--it's my go-to outfit.

If I threw on one of those skirts over that outfit, would I be allowed into a Mormon church?

A skirt is a skirt. In the winter, I would wear warm pants to walk to church, to practice the organ. I would put on a ratty old ankle length skirt, over everything, before entering the sacred chapel. It was cold in there!

Anything goes!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 09:32AM

I don't agree that black goes with everything. I think it usually looks off with navy and most browns. Black can work with pastels, but I really don't think it will work with those skirts.

In your place and because I'm very colourful, I would look for tights that are either a blue in one of the shades in the skirts, or a peach or purple/lavender/violet to make the horizon pop a little more. Grey would be fine, too. I would find flats in either grey, blue, or even wear purple ones. I don't wear white for the most part because I'm a klutz and I work with children and dogs, so I don't recommend that shade. Grey and colourful tights are actually relatively easy to find these days, especially online. I found pairs of No Nonsense tights at Wal-mart in teal, sky blue, peach, purple, and who knows what else I have waiting in the tights/hosiery storage bin.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=colorful+tights

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 04:06PM

Target has a wide variety of tights and leggings as well.

I found fleece-lined leggings at Walgreens! Which is silly because I live in Florida, and I get to wear them maybe two months out of the year, but hey. You never know where you're going to find cool stuff. They carry great scarves too.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 05:39PM

Because I spend 4-5 hours outside and the winters here in NW Nm can be a bit brutal at times, they are now mandatory.

I found out today that pantyhose works almost as well as the fleeced leggings under regular cotton/poly blend leggings and then you have a way to keep using the ones with runs in them. :)

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 02:15PM

The skirt colors are a bit summery,so I'd go with pastel tights.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 04:04PM

I'd go with a lighter color or a contrasting color. If you can find sunshine yellow leggings, or white, baby blue, beige/tan. Black, I think, would overpower the leggings.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 04:34PM

I recommend blue leggings.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.