Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 05:26PM

My TBM dad and I started ours during the summer.We're still not done yet. We'll probably finish in early December. We're hiding the presents in my room.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 06:00PM

No shopping.

I give the BEST presents ever...CASH!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 06:23PM

NO!I.DO.NOT.SHOP.

RB

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 06:26PM

I've bought some presents for a family in Alabama. Allowed plenty of time to wrap and send them in time for Christmas. Loosely translated: still need to do that part! :)

Have a couple other people on Santa's good list to shop for. Just haven't figured out what to get them yet.

:)

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 08:28PM

For the very few people I like to give to it will all be done by this Friday .I hate and I do mean hate Christmas .The reasons I hate Christmas could fill volumes .The top three are in no exact order 1.Christmas music 2 Christmas music and 3 Christmas music with "Jingle Bell Rock" ,"Santa Baby" and the one that can make me rage "Christmas Shoes" I am against the death penalty but will make an exception for the people who wrote and sing those pieces of musical garbage

Posted by: ren ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 09:15PM

This year my family is doing a very small celebration since my twin brother is away on a mission and my grandmother, who we would normally celebrate with, passed away at the start of the year. My friends' will mostly be at out-of-state colleges or traveling. I'll draw something for my closest friends, and I might buy some clothes or small accessories for myself, but otherwise I don't plan on anything.

My TBM parents are dragging me with them on a trip to Utah, and then traveling to Idaho to stay in a cabin with some TBM family friends. I don't think those "friends" even know that I came out of the closet and left the church last December, since I didn't make a huge announcement about it. Hopefully it isn't too awkward.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 09:23PM

I'm thinking about it. Hopefully, I'll figure just the right gift for the small number of people who get things from me. Mostly things that I make or in some other way get for a limited amount of money, since I have not got a lot of that commodity.

I love giving gifts. Having been around the poverty level for the last several years, I have found a lot of creative ways to give nice gifts that are just the right thing for the individual recipient. But it does take a lot of thinking and planning.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 03:44AM

I have 2 brothers I do Christmas for since our parents died and I pick up sale items for them all year long. I also have things for my kids, just small things so far.

Posted by: fishbird ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 08:32PM

Our policy is to give only used or pre-owned items. We shop all year long at garage sales and thrift stores, attend auctions, visit antique shops. It's lots of fun, and we are generally with the loved ones who will receive the gifts!

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:50PM

I like to have my shopping done by the middle of November early December so that the shopping and wrapping part is done and I can concentrate on other things. Pretty well on track this year.

I like to buy at the after Christmas sales each year. I get all my paper, cards etc at less than half price and I buy some gifts to put away for various birthdays and Christmas. Then in October I start to look for very individualised gifts. It allows me time to pay things off, and it works for me.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 08:02AM

I had gotten my yarn already to make scarfs which I am very behind in but I don't know what I am going to be doing for my growing number of kiddie size nieces and nephews especially now that I am not working. I got about a month to figure that one out.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 08:07AM

I went to the mall yesterday and a pair of jeans was like $120 a shirt $100, a jacket $200. I think they jacked the prices up just for the season. Merry Christmas everyone!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 07:37PM

I do all my shopping from catalogs. I figured out what I would send a couple months ago and will just order everything the day after Thanksgiving. I only have two people to Christmas shop for but we have a lot of December birthdays in our family as well so I like to get the shopping part done early so I can enjoy the season stress free. I do my cards on Thanksgiving holiday (started this tradition when I was a missionary at the MTC with nothing to do at Thanksgiving) and then December is all about just enjoying the festivities.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.