Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Battle-Ax ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 07:52PM

Just now I was watching CNN and a wounded warrior add came on about a service man that lost his legs in battle in Iraq. He got emotional and said he was depressed because he said how could he now be there for his daughter and on her wedding day not having a dad to be there to walk her down the isle. They showed a picture of a young girl standing at the wedding alter alone. Then it showed him working hard two learn to walk again with artificial legs so he would walk his daughter down the isle and be there for her wedding. There would be nothing more terrible then not being there for her special day. As I watched this, emotions swelled with in me and anger arose. I'm a whole man with my legs and nothing wrong with me. I have nothing to work hard for to be there for my daughter or son for that matter on their wedding day because the Mormon church says so. No matter what I did, there was nothing I could do to attend my sons wedding or my daughters in the future. The most painful day of my life was the day I sat outside the Provo temple the day my son got married and not only was I or my wife not there but not one member of our direct family. The thought of me not being there in the future to watch my last single daughter who is mormon married is so painful I can hardly watch movies anymore with wedding scenes in them. I'm so grateful that this wounded warrior through the love and hard work of many had a chance to walk his daughter down the isle. The Mormon problem I see no solution to and I hope the leaders of the church that continue this immoral practice burn in Hell if there is such a place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:01PM

BA, I don't know what to say other than...yeah, it sucks.
Stupid cult.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:29PM

I also have felt the pain.

Posted by: runrunrun ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 09:10PM

as a brother, this happened to me some 30 years ago. wasn't good enough for my sister. Never were mom and dad and mom was heart broken till the day she finally died....

Looking back at it, I did the wrong thing and just blindly accepted the judgement. Should have picketed the damn temple......

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 09:22PM

I've never been to a temple wedding, but I understand that there isn't much to really miss. At the same time, I can understand your pain though. Being shut out sucks, even if you don't want to go.

Posted by: jigglypuff ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 09:42PM

It is such a farce that it brings families together... yea sure if you in the cult, pay tithing... this weekend they did work for my grandpa that passed and he would be mortified. He was so happy and proud of me that he got to go to my wedding. I should have had him walk me down the aisle instead of my dad who at the very last minute decided he would attend with my mom and siblings. I got the call at midnight the night before and they didn't even go to the reception. I am the only kid that doesn't have a wedding photo on the shelf...it destroys families.. I feel your pain.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 10:08PM

It's one of the nastiest, most hateful things that this so-called "family" church does.

Posted by: Disappointed ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 10:40PM

I too missed two of my daughters weddimgs because I sm not a member of the church that is a proven fraud.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 10:42PM

Families first is a giant ball of rot!! They never put families first. The only way Mormonism brings families together is through blackmail. Want to see your kids married? Join their church or you get black balled. Want them to look up to you as a loving and caring father? Better sign-up or they will be taught that you are worldly, evil, and hard hearted.

As a convert I could never stand the thought that my dad wouldn't be able to be at my wedding. Neither could he. I silently told myself that if I married a Mormon I'd be married outside the temple first so Dad could be there and go to the temple later. I was told things to scare me like we wouldn't be in eternity together if we died before the temple ceremony but I wasn't phased. I was going to have my dad there or be hanged. Guess I never really was a fully converted Mormon.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 11:10PM

This is something I could never understand. Same thing with my daughters wedding. And it is punishment nothing else. They can and do allow children into the sealing room to be sealed to their parents so it does happen and there is no reason why the unclean cannot be brought to the sealing room. Control of the mind and hearts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 04:51PM by davetheseer.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 02:28PM

Even though children are allowed in to be sealed to their parents, they are kept outside the room during the sealing of the parents.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 04:49PM

So f*cking what! Do they disrobe and get into civies for the children's sealing? Even so that is absurd and family disruptive. And don't tell me what they do and don't do in their temples. I have been going there for 28 years pre and post 1990.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: November 26, 2016 10:51AM

I should have explained my point more clearly. I was illustrating how stupid these temple rules are. When I was still TBM my wife and I attended the sealing of a couple who already had children. I remember clearly a temple worker bringing in the children after the marriage sealing "because only endowed members are allowed to witness the couple sealing." In other words, their children were being watched by a stranger while they got married.

Posted by: jigglypuff ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 11:15PM

It is about control! I agree! My mom asked why I stopped believing and she asked if I think she is stupid. I said I don't believe in the history and she told me to get over it. What!?! She I feel like an outsider because I don't have the gospel in my life and I just need to believe like them. Then I would feel like I belong and I can enjoy the temple with them...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 11:16PM by jigglypuff.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 04:18PM

jigglypuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is about control! I agree! My mom asked why I
> stopped believing and she asked if I think she is
> stupid.

"Not stupid at all, just deceived."

> I said I don't believe in the history and
> she told me to get over it.

"Oh, I'm over it. That's why I don't go to Church any more."

> What!?! She I feel
> like an outsider because I don't have the gospel
> in my life and I just need to believe like them.
> Then I would feel like I belong and I can enjoy
> the temple with them...

Mormons don't shun . . . they punish.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: November 26, 2016 03:46PM

Exactly. Shunning would be an upgrade.

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 02:06PM

OP, you should tell your daughter this. Especially the part about the movies.

Jigglypuff , "get over it" makes me seethe after all the times they said it to me. It's their chorus.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 02:09PM

Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 02:13PM

Mormon weddings are just about as inclusive as Jim Crow laws.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 04:30PM

If I choose to get married, it'll be in an Grecian style Orgy Grove with them chanting "hail Dionysus" and leading up to the famous reason for these groves. Then we will get soused and sacrifice a missionary.

Posted by: librarian ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 08:21PM

I was not invited to my daughter's wedding, or my granddaughter's. Three out of four granddaughters had civil weddings where we all could come and celebrate.
Now the pain comes as I watch my great grandsons get sucked into the Morg!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 09:44PM

Remember that it was all made up by JS and his successors to provide a cover for the unconscionable practice of harem acquisition.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 10:02PM

Mormon hate is delivered with a shrug and a denial. They smile as they push you out.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: November 23, 2016 12:25AM

Oh yeah.

All the couple has to do is wait a year to be sealed to Mormonism. One year. What would it hurt, if the couple is legally married, in front non-Mormon parents and siblings that are too young for the temple, and best friends, bridesmaids, and groomsmen who are still unmarried, etc. But the evil cult has threats and propaganda to cover that; for example, the story of the TBM couple who waited a year, only to be killed in a horrible car accident, before they could be sealed for eternity. What about the infants who are not "born in the covenant", because they were born before the year was up.

I hear that Mormon couples in England don't have to wait a year.

Right, it's all about control and punishment.

After my daughter's temple marriage, she cried, and said, "This was NOT how I expected my wedding to be." The temple was hot and crowded--a madhouse of assembly-line brides being rushed through, and waiting in the searing heat for those awful photographs highlighting the temple, with the miniaturized bride and groom on the step. Hell, the door is fake. It doesn't open. It leads to nowhere. In my daughter's photos, none of the wedding friends, none of the siblings, and one father weren't even at the actual wedding. Why were they in the photos, then? How fake it all was!

I calmed down my daughter by reminding her of the great reception she and I had planned, and that EVERYONE was going to have a wonderful time! We did.

You are wounded, in a way, and maybe you could get help and work very hard at breaking free of Mormonism--one step at a time.

Why don't more people have a "ring ceremony"? My non-mormon friend's son got married in the temple, and she and her husband planned (and paid for) a wedding luncheon, after the ceremony. The bride and groom stood up and talked to each other--better than vows--told each other how they felt, commented on some of their experiences together, the groom read a poem to the bride. Then, they exchanged wedding rings. She and her husband, and the never-mo grandparents, and ex-mo siblings all got up and gave toasts to the bride and groom.

I told my friends that the ring ceremony was much, much more meaningful than the generic temple ritual had been. (I had been to both.)

You're smart. Figure out a way around the Mormon cult. It sits at the center--the very CENTER--of our dear ones' lives--and it will not budge. We need to find a way to keep Mormon hatred out of our relationships.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: November 23, 2016 03:11AM

Breeze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> After my daughter's temple marriage, she cried,
> and said, "This was NOT how I expected my wedding
> to be." The temple was hot and crowded--a
> madhouse of assembly-line brides being rushed
> through, and waiting in the searing heat for those
> awful photographs highlighting the temple, with
> the miniaturized bride and groom on the step.
> Hell, the door is fake. It doesn't open. It
> leads to nowhere. In my daughter's photos, none
> of the wedding friends, none of the siblings, and
> one father weren't even at the actual wedding.
> Why were they in the photos, then? How fake it
> all was!
>

I had to travel and pay for a bridesmaid dress for stupid temple weddings on two occasions: for a childhood friend and one of my sisters to be a 'bridesmaid' on the outside of the temple while they did their 'wedding' in the temple. I am in those pictures as a f***ing bridesmaid. I had nothing to do with the wedding itself whatsoever. What is the point? And the 'worthy' TBMs don't care a lick about how it feels for the 'unworthies' to be made a part of it but not actually included. Fake is right!!! But I actually remember at the time seeing my friend come out of the temple and thinking she looked so oppressed in that big hideous long-sleeved garment-worthy wedding dress, knowing she now had garments underneath. So glad I dodged that bullet.

Posted by: runrunrun ( )
Date: November 26, 2016 02:24PM

there is no way around it - when married in the temple outsiders CAN'T attend. You are considered unworthy, worthless, scum....

How can a stupid ring ceremony get around the exclusion?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 23, 2016 01:11AM

Worth considering: in a cult, how are "weddings" performed? I would wager that they are by and large short small affairs overseen by cult official who makes you pledge yet more allegiance to the cult because IT is more important than and your joy.

Seems to fit the mormon model.

Sent fron phone--sorry for mistakes!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 23, 2016 02:30AM

My husband recently found out that his younger TBM "ex" daughter (she disowned him and legally changed her name/got adopted) got married. He found out about her marriage on Facebook. She's apparently friends with my husband's stepmother and she showed up as a person he might know. For some reason, despite her decision to disown her bio dad, she didn't block him on Facebook.

I can't describe the look of pain on my husband's face when he saw his daughter in a wedding gown on Facebook using her stepfather's and husband's last names. And all because my husband divorced his ex wife and left Mormonism.

What a sick cult. And... sorry to say it, but I truly hope neither she nor her older sister ever contact us. They are horrible people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.