Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 26, 2016 11:22AM

Update on this thread.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1906146,1906146

My FB friend has posted a lot about his kidney stones. His latest is a photo of the actual stone in a jar. And what you would find out reading my previous post is special about this stone, which I got to see (looking at it made me feel like I was looking at someone's stool sample), is that it is a seer stone. And he reiterated that in the comments generated by his photo of his rock in a jar.

Here are some of the comments. I only included his mother's comment because I have no idea what she means about the in-laws. Maybe he doesn't like them?

His mother: "And you had to go to your in-laws to do it! Hope you feel a lot better."

His FB Friend: "Wow. It must been painful!!!"

Him: "Very. But life is back to normal and I don't need to be drugged up to enjoy it."

His FB Friend: "Things about mortal life... Enjoy them, because all this fun will not be in the Life-after."

Him: "so true and I'm so grateful for it. And I still can't imagine the pain of the atonement but more understanding of it."

Takeaway: He doesn't need drugs to enjoy life just kidney stones to remind him of the pain Jesus suffered for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2016 11:24AM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: November 26, 2016 08:12PM

some people just should keep their thoughts to themselves. Ok maybe when we are in pain most of us think about Jesus, but most of us don't get on facebook and announce it to everyone.

But it's entertaining though! :)

Date: November 27, 2016 12:28PM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok maybe when we are in pain most of
> us think about Jesus, but most of us don't get on
> facebook and announce it to everyone.

He isn't just thinking of Jesus.

"And I still can't imagine the pain of the atonement but more understanding of it."

He is imagining being more understanding of the pain Jesus suffered for him.

From his earliest post.

"Pain from a simple little kidney stone is such a good reminder of what the Savior suffered for me."

People who think of Jesus at painful times aren't usually thinking about the pain they are suffering reminding them of pain Jesus suffered. It is probably more in a vein of help me through this Jesus and not thank you for this pain Jesus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2016 12:29PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 26, 2016 08:21PM

I wonder how many professional dominatrices there are in Utah?

I'd think it would be a territory full of masochists in need of a good whipping etc.

Date: November 27, 2016 12:30PM

getbusylivin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how many professional dominatrices there
> are in Utah?

Mormons could easily get into self-flagellation to remind them of their savior. A professional could "help" them come to Jesus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.