Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 01:41PM

I've been watching some of the cheap, poorly made, sachrinne Christmas movies they rerun every year (while I'm addressing Christmas cards or decorating)---
Here are some titles:
A Star for Christmas
A Christmas Kiss
Merry Kissmas...
Where do these come from? Out here they play one after another all day on Saturday and Sunday during the months of December.
Well, yesterday I had "Defending Santa" playing as I was baking. Santa couldn't get back to the North Pole because he had been hit and had a concussion and was in a coma...blah, blah.
Well, when they got to certain parts of this syrupy sweet movie---when they felt that Santa might not be able to bring gifts to all the children---
I found myself tearing up! I couldn't believe it, but it was so touching and emotional.

It made me think of the promise of the Book of Mormon--that you would feel the spirit if you read it. Or of testimony meeting when someone goes to the stand and says something obviously outrageous, but "the spirit is strong."

So, there is MY example of the spirit. A cheaply made Xmas movie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 02:19PM

Yah, and why does Santa Claus which / who is totally made go hand in hand in hand with Jesus' birthday celebration? -Because the story of Jesus is also completely made up and BOTH stories are intended for children and /or the less intellectually sophisticated/ developed ! The Romans mocked Judaism and it's promise of a messiah 2000 years ago with their tale of a Jewish messiah finally showing up, the Jews not recognizing him and then mistakenly goading the Romans into crucifying Him. Brainless die hard Messianic adherents took the mockery of the Romans being so fully capable of executing the Jewish Messiah on a whim and ultimately having more appreciation for the Jewish Messiah than they Jews did, AFTER the Romans had killed him, as proof that their Jewish messiah really did exist. The Romans started the Jewish messiah story as a myth and propaganda, they had no idea that it would become so popular -as in that people could be so damn dumb, that mass of the public would so totally embrace it. Generally, It would be like how MORmONS see EVERYTHING as proof of the veracity of the Book of MORmON, and in that vein go on to see The Book of MORmON musical's popularity as an ultimate indication of Book of MORmON veracity. Christianity was started as a Mockery of Judaism. MORmONISM was started as a mockery of Christianity. The NT Jesus Story and the Santa Claus story were not intended for the intellectually sophisticated /mature people, but 2000 years later, those deals are still on one hell of a popularity roll with a lot of small minded people. That is what happens when people are raised in indoctrination instead of enlightenment/ education. How comical that the origins of the MORmON temple ceremony were intended to dispel the myth of Christianity and good old Pervert Joe took the Masonic rite and retooled it as the highest form of MORmON style "Christian" worship and "validation".

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 02:19PM

:) :) :)

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 02:39PM

We're much simpler creatures than we give ourselves credit for.

I puddle up at all sorts of stupid stuff--sometimes, again and again at the same stuff.

Just because we don't know how our brains work doesn't mean they aren't fairly straightforward mechanisms. You take a big glob of tissue, stick it inside my cranium, add a bunch of chemicals and--presto: George Bailey's friends come to his rescue at the end of "It's A Wonderful Life" and getbusylivin has to reach for the Kleenex.

This is why those Hollywood guys get paid the big bucks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.