Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 11:44AM

While I appreciate (apparently happy & functional) large families, I could tell immediately they were mormons before I even noticed the guy's name is Ammon.

https://www.facebook.com/ammon.orgill/videos/10154341442222542/

Seriously, you don't have to watch the whole thing. 8 is enough, probably too many. Just so....white!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 11:59AM

OK, I don't generally approve of having lots of kids, but...

I just showed this entire video to a dozen guys, most of them gay, who work for me and they all agreed they wouldn't be able to do it any better. So either Africa is white or you should give this family some credit. They also seem to be a perfectly warm nest to me.

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 12:19AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 12:36PM

Yeah, honestly, it wasn't that bad.
Although I did see several garmie glimpses when some of them rolled over on the floor.
And the "families are forever" thing on the wall behind them almost made me upchuck my breakfast.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 12:44PM

What's with this stereotype that White people can't dance? Some
of the greatest dancers have been white, like Michael Jackson,
for instance.

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 03:51AM

Those 3-page Mormon Christmas brag-letters letters were awful, and now we see them all over Fakebook--setting-up selfies, and photoshopping their Christmas greetings to us.

They do it for themselves. No reply necessary.

But, if the trend is self-videos, I'm going to block all Mormons until after New Year's.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 10:48AM

Boring. I don't like those "aren't we cute," "aren't we fun" kinds of things that Mormons do. It reeks of "protesting too much," and trying too hard.

Dancing? Well, by a very loose definition I suppose it is. I'd like a little more stage presence.

Mormons. Desperate to show they are fun because deep down they know they are ridiculous and stuffy and boring. So these people who can't dance and don't have any sparkling presence, put out this video advertising themselves doing something completely unnatural for them, for all to see to prove something that isn't true.

Personality borrowing. It's like that "And I'm a Mormon" campaign a few years ago where they highlighted all the Mormons who actually did seem to have some personality--tattoos and all--that could appear to fit into a real world. I guess they ran out of those type people after the first 100 and that is why they quit doing them?

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 11:20AM

What's wrong with white? Isn't that the way it should be? If not then we could all sing "one of these things doesn't belong..." lol!

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 12:58PM

That's what concerns me.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 01:40PM

OK, I will say this: a family of kids putting together something like these videos is healthier than a family of kids who spends their time doing nothing but *staring at glowing screens* while watching something like these videos.

Trust me, I know, I have a recent college graduate who just moved back home... :-)

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 03:28PM

I saw that last year at my mom's place, the Mormons staring at their phones until it was time to go see the last Star Wars movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 03:29PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 04:22PM

Coulda been worse.

Coulda been Mormon Rap.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 08:09PM

The real question is can white people jump?

Posted by: * shakes head * ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 05:13AM

I Will never understand the subtle self-hatred that goes on in this forum. Such a salty and bitter post. Liking the passive aggressive '' so...white'' as well. What would people rather, the kids run around the streets raping and pillaging while their parents lay on the floor with needles sticking out their arms ?

Get a grip.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 05:39AM

400 years ago this would have been "people dancing". Sometimes you just need to change the music - or the times - the sport, the clothes, the focus, the influences, or the mind. Other times, to expand horizons, meditate, go for a walk in the woods or dance in front of a mirror (naked?). Or the conversation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.