Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 09:54PM

As a proud grandparent, I have mentioned the fact more than once that I JUST KNOW that I win the prize for having the most talented, bright, beautiful, and amazing grandchildren of any grandparent. And, I am willing to bet all my money, all 2 cents of it, on this fact.

Placing this boasting aside, I do love these terrific rugrats with all my heart. Recently, one six-year-old who has an amazing clear, sweet voice, ability to carry a tune, and lives to sing, dance and be creative, sang some songs for me. The second was "Follow the Prophet". This child is being brought up TBM, as you could probably guess.

His singing of this song got me thinking. The more I thought, the more my blood boiled. And boiled. And boiled.

What are these sweet innocent children being taught to do by being told in song and lecture to follow Joseph Smith? What example did he set?

I'll list some of his legacy. He taught these children to-----

1. Shrug real work and be a conniving con person.

2. Lie. lie, lie, and then lie some more.

3. Steal money, land, and reputation from others.

4. Boast

5. Give his word and then go back on it.

6. Devalue and use girls and women to his advantage.

7. Put himself before others.

8. Spy and harm others who got in his way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 04:02AM

I know how you feel. I, also, have a grandchild who is Mormon. I cannot bear to hear her piano talent wasted on those brainwashing, plodding, tuneless Mormon songs.

Try to avoid Mormon music teachers!

Maybe you could encourage your grandchild to take real singing lessons, and hire a non-mormon singing teacher. Your grandchildren probably sing in school. I like to sing their school songs, along with them, and accompany them on the piano. They enjoy teaching their songs to each other, and to me, if I don't already know the song. I think that the best way to forget a song is to immediately learn a NEW song.

Now is a good time for "Rudolph", "Frosty", "Jungle Bells" and all the other FUN Christmas songs. Sing!

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 10:13AM

NOTHING useful, real, true, praiseworthy or of good report.

The irony is that what J.S. believed, practiced, preached/ pushed, did and wrote ("translated") is contrary to the way Mormons believe - and are forced to practice - today.

ALL that the LDS church teaches and all that is known and practiced in Mormonism today SCREWS UP THE INDIVIDUAL and FUnKS up the family.

It was meant this way. It's a shame... and a sham.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.