Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 04:49PM

Up the street from me is where the ward's financial clerk lives. Ever since I quit attending, paying, or participating in the morg, he has hated my guts with a passion. If I leave my driveway and he is outside, he will duck around his house to avoid having to wave at me. He has been the financial clerk for the last 3 bishopricks, he must be real good at it.

I'm going to resign from the morg, but I would like to have my membership number first just so that I have record of it. I don't currently have any documentation with my number listed. I figure that if I receive a year-end tithing summary, it will have my membership number on it somewhere. I'm thinking of paying a dollar in tithing so that this clerk will have to ring my doorbell and hand-deliver this summary to me as that is how they do it here.

Would this idea work? I don't want to go to the clerk's office and ask, that place is swarming with mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 04:54PM

You don't need your membership number to resign. I didn't have mine as I've been out for about 30 years.

I followed the instructions to resign by email here: http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

The only information I gave them was my maiden name, my married name as they knew it and my birth date and place. That' it. I got a letter in the mail about 1-2 weeks later and didn't have to speak to anyone.

Easy, peasy.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 05:35PM

? How much HACK could a Computer Hacker Hack if s/he had a (your) membership number?

gonna happen, sooner or L8tr, my friends...

also; does an ex'd or resigned person keep their membership number 'in case they want to join again'?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 10:43PM

Right. And what exactly would one do with a hacked membership number? Perform baptisms for the dead in your name? Donate tithing in your name?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 10:22AM

mormons want to steal your membership number so that they can secretly buy underwear in your name.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 10:39PM

You've demonstrated that you don't need to know your membership number to be a member. You sure don't need it to be a non-member. Don't complicate the issue by setting up hoops for yourself to jump through. Just resign.

BTW, bet the financial clerk will continue to hide when you come into view, even after you resign. He's terrified of apostasy cooties.

Posted by: TXRancher ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 10:49PM

"apostate cooties" lol

I have been inactive for two years and LOVE when I come into contact with members from my ward. I say "hello" with a smile and acknowledge them. They are uncomfortable and it's fun. As though they expect me to be the one to avoid them. They have no power over me and I let them know it.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 07:48AM

The mormon church has expensive computers run by experts and they find anyone's number easier than any one of us can.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.