Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Never Mo Wife and Mom ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 03:40PM

Over at Baby Center there is a thread about tattling on missionaries that also has stories that show just how bizarre it is out there in the missionary world.

Most of the girls have told on a missionary for various wrong doings.

Here's the link:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a26987797/yet_another_so

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 03:47PM

Date: March 27, 2011 03:51PM

Hahaha! Sorry. I thought just saying Baby Center would be enough warning. lol

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 05:58PM

enjoy a lollipop because people might think they are smoking a cigarette.

That's like the admonition about not chewing on white-barreled BIC pens because ppl might think you're smoking ....

Mormons really are ridiculous.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 06:31PM

Geez - what really bugged me was the number of people who justified their Iron Curtain type of tattling. So many of them said stuff like "I knew I had to do it" and "It needed to be done" and "telling on something big is important for everyones well being". Where do these busy bodies get off? Deal with the missionary directly if he's bugging you - don't go running to the bishop. If he isn't crossing your boundaries, who do you think you are deciding what that missionary needs or what is best for him?" Unbelievable lack of respect and outrageous judging that a near-stranger (member) knew what was best for that missionary.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 06:51PM

and is transferred to the mission home? I think he should have been transferred to a jail cell.

Posted by: AnonExMo ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 06:54PM

CA girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Geez - what really bugged me was the number of
> people who justified their Iron Curtain type of
> tattling. So many of them said stuff like "I knew
> I had to do it" and "It needed to be done" and
> "telling on something big is important for
> everyones well being". Where do these busy bodies
> get off? Deal with the missionary directly if
> he's bugging you - don't go running to the bishop.
> If he isn't crossing your boundaries, who do you
> think you are deciding what that missionary needs
> or what is best for him?" Unbelievable lack of
> respect and outrageous judging that a
> near-stranger (member) knew what was best for that
> missionary.

Mormons are always running and tattling to the bishop. It's like kindergarten all over again. They have such regimented lives, somebody has to be in control. When somebody else steps outside of that control, they can't handle it, and run screaming to the closest authority they can find. There was another post on there the other day about some girl who nursed her baby during Primary. She was hauled into the bishop's office after somebody complained about it.

Date: March 27, 2011 07:27PM

I thought the same thing. Why didn't they deal with the mishies directly?

And it makes me wonder how bishops and mp's survive all the pettiness. (I don't care though. lol)

I once heard my tbm DIL tell my g-son that if he didn't shape up she was going to call the bishop. I just shot a wtf look in her direction. She looked a little sheepish, but then shrugged me off. I swear sometimes I've wanted to kidnap my g-kids and take them far away.

Strange world I live in.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 09:25PM

It goes both ways.

Once, when my firstborn was on his mission, I took extra work helping a friend renovate the mishies apartments in the "mission home" at the stake center.

My friend brought in some stranger who was unemployed to help with the stripping and sanding of window casements I was doing. That was fine with me, I just kept working. But the new guy didn't do any work at all. Just stood around talking.

Later, my friend complained that we both had just been goofing off, which was completely false. But it turns out he had the mishies spying for him, and they had reported we both had shirked.

Ya think the mishies aren't totally tattling on every one? Even the bishops will often assign mishies to check up on people and report back.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 09:48PM

The one missionary was listening to secular music and liked a girl--he had to be turned in!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 09:55PM

Don Bagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The one missionary was listening to secular music
> and liked a girl--he had to be turned in!

I could see it if they were committing a crime, endangering people or doing something that could seriously embarrass the church such as having sex with investigators or the like, but listening to secular music or calling your girlfriend. Give me a freaking break! This sounds like kindergarten. 'Teacher, Johnny called Billy a poo poo head.' Who cares? Grow up,. people.

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:47AM

These are adults right? Boy are they self righeous asses.

stormy

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:24AM

What makes me sad is that these people think tattling is the right thing to do. Get a life people!

Posted by: dino ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:42AM

Talk about self-righteous.

Posted by: Kablam ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:34PM

I liked the one about the Elder who saw the other mishie's car at the movie theater. WTF was he doing there?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 03:03PM

This just shows that Mormonism keeps people child-like, as tattling is something most people stop doing when they grow up. There are exceptions such as when someone is a mandated reporter for suspected child abuse/neglect, or if a crime has been committed.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 06:14PM

What imbeciles. Morgbot women never get past being children.

To think that these "women" are mothers is just nauseating.

"I tattled because my sister and a missionary got it on and she told me about it. I really didn't want to, but I knew I had to. He got sent home and was excommunicated. I don't know what discipline my sister faced.
I still feel kinda bad, but....it needed to be done."

Must be close family if she does not know what happened to her sister. Must have been REAL concerned.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 06:51PM

I should have stopped reading but I didn't...

In response to being ratted out for watching the movie Titanic in the theater one moron mommy wrote the following-

"Titanic watchers - They probably heard about Kate Winslet's boob..."

Jesus H Christ on a leaking raft. So, they paid top dollar and watched a 3 hour movie JUST to see a few seconds of a tit? OMG. Stupidity does not even address the problems these chicks have.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.