Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: December 29, 2016 04:07PM

I saw on Facebook today that a mo tab singer named Jan Chamberlin has resigned the choir because she can't in good conscience sing at the inauguration. She sounds heartbroken about- but- how courageous!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: December 29, 2016 04:20PM

No one should have 'forced' her to sing.

I believe the choir has many more members than it actually takes to performances.

Please correct me if wrong but I read that somewhere.

One singer important to a choir as big as MTC ------ really????

Is that logical to anyone????

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 29, 2016 04:33PM

I would find it more courageous if her livelihood depended on it. This is a hobby, nothing more.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: December 29, 2016 04:57PM

what makes an act courageous? The amount of sacrifice involved? The unpopularity of the reason for the action? Or the size of the "enemy" that one is rebelling against?

I assume this singer is refusing to sing because of political/personal differences. Were she to rebel and drop out because of the choice of songs at the inagural address, would that be courageous? Her action is the same regardless of the reason: she is giving up a personal passion for a cause.

Had a different politican won, and this singer refused to participate....could you still recognize the courage in her actions?

Is the act of rebellion courageous to you or is it courageous because it aligns with your own beliefs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2016 05:00PM by hopefulhusband.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 29, 2016 05:09PM

Slight credibility among a few neighbors and no chance to travel with the choir during part of their 20-year stint. But of course that is countered by feelings of self importance and receiving adoration from like-minded friends or family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.