Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 07:08PM

I talked to a couple of members in a ward near the temple. They were telling me that older people are leaving the Church because they are dissatisfied and felt they have been betrayed and not told the truth.

I suggested to the people that was probably true but if the GA's in their conference talks and Ensign articles would truthfully address the issues, they probably would not have left.

It was painful and I mean painful to watch their reactions. I think they knew what I was said was true. But all they could say was maybe. But you could see they were bothered by long term Church members they grew up with,leaving.

The solution is so simple Brethren. Tell the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 07:57PM

I wonder what the stats are in Cardston, AB...sight of the first Canadian temple, and cornerstone of the S. Alberta Moridor.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 11:02AM

I've heard there are members in Glenwood, Hill Spring, and even Cardston, some even temple workers, that have left the church and started their own claiming that they now have the true order of things, or something to that effect.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 11:46AM

Interesting. I still have family in Hillspring and Cardston. Hadn't heard of a new cult springing up.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2017 11:47AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 02:59AM

Thinking telling the truth would have kept them from leaving is delusional, IMHO. The truth is that Mormonism was founded on a pack of lies. BoM, First Vision, BoA, polygamy. How exactly can you be honest about its foundation being lies???

There is no way they can tell the whole truth. Partial truths is what got them into the present situation. Rock. Hard place.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 01:01PM

Secular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The solution is so simple Brethren. Tell the
> truth.

Well, yeah, but...

The truth leads to simple and obvious conclusions: it's a bunch of made-up bullsh*t. Not the "one true church." Not even a "good" church. Just a misogynist, bigoted, authoritarian pile of bullsh*t.

Without the "divine origins," there's no reason to adhere to mormonism's ridiculous rules, like not drinking coffee or beer. There's no need to pay 10% of your income to the church to get a temple recommend so you can redo Freemason rituals to guarantee yourself a spot in a celestial kingdom that doesn't exist. There's no need to go scrub toilets at the ward building if the "priesthood" wasn't conferred by angelic ancients, but was just made up by Smith.

They can't tell the truth. They'll lose even more members. The only hope they have -- and they know it -- is to obfuscate, spin, lie, and wheedle those who will ignore the truth into staying.

The truth would set members free, but it would be the end of the church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.