Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: qanae ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 10:26AM

http://happiness-seekers.com/2016/10/17/why-we-didnt-leave-the-lds-church-even-after/

This is their second anti-anti-mormon article, and showed up in my FB feed this morning. I had about a dozen friends post the previous one. This one continues their fluffy satisfaction 'there's nothing to see here' in a 90 page letter - which relies on 'misleading presentation techniques' (they would not name the letter).

Crisis averted by reading how the Jews similarly persecuted Jesus. Of course, if you believe the Bible - the Jews had miracles and the prophesy of a Messiah who wanted to replace their law to rile them up.

JS had polyandry and secret teenage brides, stolen rituals, money-digging adventures of Captain Kidd mixed with Protestant fervor. What's not to love?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 11:07AM by qanae.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 10:50AM

Wow. Fabulous! I love watching people twist themselves into pretzels just to hang on to a fantasy.

If you want to be a dupe and a doormat, just enjoy. But why write a whole word salad just to justify that you wish to continue to believe the unbelievable? This idea that the original apostles had doubts makes doubts a great thing to have--like a status symbol. Uchtdorf would be proud. Not only do you doubt your doubts, but you are proud that you have doubts and don't do anything at all about them--because you are just like Peter! Yay you! You are Super Believer conquering facts everywhere!

Posted by: sd allison ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 11:54AM

How to be a Mormon: come across some "anti" material that demonstrates evidence that Mormonism is false, pray about it, decide that you don't have sufficient knowledge to use your brain, hold on to the extremely unrealistic idea that Mormonism might be true, and then insult every ex-Mormon on the planet.

Did I miss anything?

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 11:58AM

Something like holding your nose every time you see an exmormon... but that might just be anecdotal on my end. :)

I looked at the article date it seems this was written october of last year. They sure are good at their logical fallacies. It would be nice if they could keep their worldview intact without dehumanizing and demonizing people. Certainly not Christ centered attitudes to have towards your fellow man.

My favorite is a plea to emotion and feelings that isn't unlike Star Wars, "Search your feelings, you know this to be true."

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 12:28PM

Methinks they doth protest too much.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.