Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:07PM

It is pouring rain and we stopped at Walmart to grab a few items. Let the wife out to go inside to get them. I drive my new pickup to the end of the parking aisle and park all by myself. No shit there are trucks and cars all around me now. Been here 15 minutes. Another POS old truck just pulled up. Other than all these trucks around me there are no vehicles in the other aisles. This happens everywhere I try and park. Do they think parking next to me is going to make them look better. What is it with these slobs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:19PM

? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT when U go to WM?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 06:07PM

Exactly. I would tell you and anyone, Don't go to Walmart!

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:21PM

Must be your cologne.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:31PM

I park my beautiful car next to the other nicest car I can find, because they are probably as careful as I am and won't ding my doors, and I am watchful of theirs.

I have seen junker drivers ding a new car on purpose, though. Knowing that, I have a policy that covers dings.

Posted by: anon2day ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 04:59AM

A junker car parked next to me in the back 40. My car was only a few weeks old. I left with 4 extra valve stems. But darn they dinged my car door.

Posted by: Chica ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:35PM

People are like sheep.

I've noticed that, too, when I park in an empty area far away from the entrance of a store. It's like one car parking there validates it as a good area to park. Very frustrating, especially when you're trying to protect your new truck.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:47PM

Maybe that's it.

I've noticed the same thing in restaurants where you seat yourself. I'll go off to a lone area where no one else is seated. Then the next person comes in and picks the table next to mine (along with their five kids). WTF! Go sit somewhere else.

I think some people are wired to like to be alone and have bigger "personal space" zones than others maybe. Maybe some tend to be more sociable and want to be with others.

Maybe like you say, they think they are supposed to follow the herd.

I've noticed this with parking, shopping (people have to come see the rack YOU are looking at when there are a zillion others) and in theaters. Maybe they think you have discovered something good so they just follow along. Strange humans!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 01:42PM

Really, I don't know the deal with that is, either. I like to park pretty far away and pull through the parking space so i don't have to back out. I find myself having to pull forward a little further though, because inevitably someone will park behind me, as close to the bumper as possible so I can't put the groceries in back.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 06:28PM

The same thing happens to me! I also pull through because I am not that comfortable backing up in parking lots now. I have to put my cart out to the side and practically throw the bags in the trunk sometimes. I don't get it.

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 02:31PM

I have found a solution to the problem. However, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really need it.

I have a handicapped parking tag. I have it because I need it. I wish I didn't.

One of the very few upsides to being handicapped is that I now can park my car in a much wider space. I haven't had any door dings since I started using my tag.

My husband got a new truck yesterday. He wanted me to go everywhere with him so he could park in handicapped parking. Nice truck, but eventually he's going to have to get brave and go out on his own.

Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 01:33AM

Ah, I knew there had to be at least one person out there with a legit need for a handicapped sticker.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone park is a handicap slot with a valid sticker who didn't appear to be perfectly healthy and mobile!

Posted by: Anonforthis1 ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 02:01AM

My spouse is paralyzed and drives a wheelchair accessible van. You have no idea how many times he's been trapped because someone parked in the "no parking" spot next to it for wheelchairs. One of our friends, a paraplegic, was trapped in a parking garage for hours for the same reason.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 08:09AM

I wouldn't worry about whether the tag is legitimate. A physician must sign off on it. My neighbor doesn't look handicapped. Yet she can't walk very far and has oxygen delivered to her home. Disabilities are not always readily apparent.

Once when I was on crutches, and had a temporary handicapped tag, I discovered just how sparse the handicapped slots are anywhere, and especially at malls. And I never once got one of the electric carts in Wal-Mart. They are a hot commodity!

Posted by: opaline ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 02:41PM

:) lol, themaster.

One of the reasons that I stopped going to wally world was because parking there (almost) can be compared to open warfare, and I enjoy a phrase I read somewhere (can't recall where) that "using turn signals is forewarning the enemy."

Unfortunately, and I say this in all seriousness, the second-best eye doctor I've ever used has her office in Walmart. Sounds strange, I know, but she's a foreign-born lady who may have needed the security of a big chain. She's wonderful, and it was by accident and a what-the-hell moment that I found her.

So, trying to park outside in a handicap spot (maybe 3/row, at least a dozen+ double rows, "superstore"), I've been yelled at by young big, good 'ol boys for not being "handicapped" enough for my plates, giving me the "privilege" of more convenient parking. (I'm what you might call an older lady, and my back is crumbling - walking, sitting and standing are pretty painful, but I work FT, because I don't want to give up.) I have to go early and circle the lot waiting for a stud or stud-ess to vacate, because it's pretty clear that they borrowed a mirror-hanger tag.

I would never want to park a really nice vehicle in one of those spots. Buy a beater, just so you can fit in and be feared at wally world. You'll see. Haters will not have anything to hate. You will feel right at home.

Thanks for the laugh. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 03:12PM

It probably depends on the store. At my local WM supercenter, the new cars park without problem on the outer fringes. I sometimes see a Winnebago or two in the corners. The rest of us park as usual. I've never had a problem with someone dinging my car there. But I understand feeling protective over a newer car.

Posted by: josephsmithseer ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 05:21PM

Rare you find someone in Utah who is not sheep. Sheep join the LDS just because at 8. Sheep do as they are told or think. Sheep worried about what other people think. Utah full of them

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 06:33PM

Your natural animal magnetism seems to be taking a turn to the macho side. You may want to consult your bishop.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 08:14PM

new vehicles are magnacartic.
shopping carts are magnetically attracted to them to cause dents.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 08:20PM

Rule for less dings: park near a cart return- then you have cars on just one side.

Rule for more dings: park near a cart return...

Rule for less trucks parking next to your truck at Wal-Mart, in the rain. Don't do as they/ you would do. Drop her off and circle the square parking lot. When you come back around to pick her up you can park next to THEM, and make then mad/ wonder. Stop shopping at wall-world!

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 09:16PM

Park on the outer edges where no one is parked, AND take up two spaces. No door or cart dings! Plus good exercise.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 09:39PM

I was at the mall, halfway up to Level II, when the escalator stopped--dead. I was stranded there for 45 minutes before they got it going again. By the time I got to the Lego store, they were sold out of the Lego Movie-2 Batman characters. Bummer!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 10:38PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2017 10:40PM by Dave the Atheist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.