Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 12:26AM

The Case Against Overly Perky Salespeople

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/the-case-against-overly-perky-salespeople/ar-BBy6nkV?li=BBnbfcN

Couldn't this apply to morg missionaries and the morg!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 12:43AM

I don't think 37 pieces of flair will help the mishies.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 01:50AM

I thought U were posting about 'Perky Boobs'

my bad.

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 03:47AM

I worked as a bank teller, for a while, and to keep the job interesting, I used to experiment with the customers.

I could not be as friendly as I naturally was, nor could I ever get personal--people are very sensitive about their money. I did smile, and make eye contact. If the customer made a comment, I would make a brief reply, but, otherwise I didn't talk. One thing I did was use their name. It was on their transaction, but soon I had a lot of names memorized, so I could greet them by name. In those days, each teller had their own separate line, and my line would extend almost to the door. When the manager would point out that the other lines were empty, they still wanted to wait for me. The transactions were quick and straight-forward, so no teller was any different than any other, efficiency-wise.

Besides learning that a person's name is a magic word, I learned that the more pleasant I made things for my customers, the more pleasant my job was for me. This is still true in my career today. You have to CARE--genuinely CARE.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 11:32AM

At least a bank provides a useful service...selling lakefront lots on kolob and promises of 72 virgins not so much...thank gawd they backed off the planet plan...even gordy could see how stupid that sounded...but to a certain segment of the mentally ill or naive it might give a tingle...ive known afew RMs...what i see is much arrogance...you dont want this amazing plan im peddling...sucks to be you...well just shake our dust off here and move on to someone with more screws loose...being an elder in israel is serious business and heady stuff...the one true church and all...im sure my aquaintances are not the rule...just the ones ive known....some made great vivint sales people with low morals...high pressure...and zero conscience...they really didnt CARE...that CEOs tolerated and promoted these folks tells me all i need to know about vivint..you can buy anything in this world with money...except decency and a conscience

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.