Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 04:32PM

My niece just posted this on FB; I haven't perused it yet. Of all the TBM's in my family she's the one I have highest hopes for bailing out.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/college-mobility/brigham-young-university

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 05:05PM

Wow, this is the one that really hit me:

How Brigham Young Students fare later in life:

Median Income at age 34: $32,600
...men $71,900
...women $ 800

Yeah, those BYU women are certainly getting an education that will launch them into lucrative careers. :(

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 05:18PM

I knew they had a lot of women there for their Mrs degrees but that $800 number is stunning. How many Scentsy candles is that?

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: January 21, 2017 07:49AM

Everyone makes choices. My daughter-in-law went to BYU and launched a business based on her degree which brings in 100,000 plus a year even with several children.

Posted by: exmoron ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 01:50PM

One of my daughters, a brilliant mathematician, chemist, pianist, violinist - while in high school, went to YBU. She married an RM a few years older. He pressured her to leave her degree, and start a family. Today at 28, she's barefoot and pregnant, with 3 kids already. If anything ever happens to her very conceited asshat of a husband - she's fucked. BYU and the accompanying paradigm of religious fanaticism, leaves women ill prepared, poor, uneducated, and 2nd class. F' BYU and F' the Mormon cult.

[Admin note: If you're going to swear in the body of a post, please mark it in the subject line, as I've done above. And no swearing in the subject line.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 02:28PM by Concrete Zipper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.