Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gone girl ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 03:49PM

Just curious if any in attendance today heard any love for immigrants or refugees

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rameuptom ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:43PM

I don't attend, but I did see love for refugees posted on social media from my brother. Also saw a lot of TBM messages about "you can be sure that Satan is behind contention" and "choosing to focus on gods light" instead of "bad things in the world"

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:50PM

I did, but hardly a surprise because Unitarian

More of a surprise was criticism of the immigration ban from both of Utah's US senators. I don't know if they got a call from the LDS powers that be, or if they figured out on their own that this puts American LDS missionary visas to foreign countries in serious jeopardy.

A great many countries are taking offense, and that would be an obvious and relatively painless way to retaliate, booting out missionaries they didn't have much use for in the first place or issuing visas at a dead snail's pace.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 08:31PM

I wondered about the missionary Visa problems, too. I also wonder if this actually puts missionaries in harm's way. I have family members in sketchy places and I worry about them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.