Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 02, 2017 08:05PM

https://youtu.be/rCRP-5om_3Y?list=PLMdRLqaXxozqcdovtPQU9X9yF_JqZPhJ3

yer welcome ~

in b 4 ~ in b 4

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 02, 2017 08:26PM

Truly amazing! I loved the body control and fluidity of motion; some of it reminded me of ballet. So, anyone out there know--do these moves have specific names like those in ballet? Can pole dancing choreography be written down?

One leg motion reminded me of slow-moving helicopter blades. Ah to be young, limber, and have such grace! The Boner.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 03, 2017 09:39AM

Yes, most of those moves have a specific name. However, unlike ballet, pole dancing isn't quite standardized, so different instructors call things by different names sometimes. Some moves are universally called the same thing. If you give the time stamp of the helicopter blade move you saw, I'll tell you what it's called. It might be called "helicopter." :-D The tricks are often named after what they look like.

And yes, choreography can be written down. I used to write routines for my beginner students when I taught pole dancing at a nearby dance studio. That's in fact why the tricks are named -- and also so you can call them out when teaching the routine to other people. ("Okay, we're gonna transition from ballerina spin to chair to backspin, then crawl forward and shoulder mount to caterpillar.")

Date: February 03, 2017 12:46PM

At about 1:27, truly amazing!

I'm remembering a time I was watching The Nutcracker on TV when I was at the Y. One of my TBM roommates felt it was obscene because the men wore dance belts under their costumes. This roommate also though Michangelo's David was obscene because it was nude!

Thanks!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 03, 2017 02:00PM

Okay, from 1:24-1:26, that one is called "chopsticks" -- no idea why. Then there's a cut at 1:26-1:28 to the inverted version of the exact same move, only that one's called a "jade split," again, no idea why. 1:29 cuts to "twisted ballerina" (I call it hors d'ouvre because it makes me feel like one, lol) And the cut at about 1:30, 1:31 is "allegra." All of those are painful as hell.

I like this video -- I've seen others by the same dancer -- she edits tricks together that would not be physically possible. There is no way to go from jade split to twisted ballerina without a few seconds of transition in between. She edits out the transition, which I think really adds a WOW effect to the whole thing. She makes it look like magic. 'Cause it is. ;>)

Now there is a transition from chopsticks to jade split, but I've only ever seen videos of strippers doing it -- it looks insane, scary, and difficult and I wouldn't have the guts to try without a spotter. While this dancer might know and be able to do that transition, it probably just looks better as a video all cut together like that. Here's a video of a dancer trying the opposite combo, jade split to chopsticks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfogfXiOGJ8

One last note: sometimes poles are static and sometimes poles spin, so the thing that makes that particular trick look so awesome is that she's doing it on a spinning pole.

Date: February 03, 2017 08:27PM

Chopsticks, WTF! I noted some of the editing, but, if the art form allows it, than it's acceptable. Thanks for the info, Dogzilla!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 08:28PM by BYU Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.