Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 02:44PM

I'm doing some research and need to compile as much info as I can from journals and local news created during 1844 in Nauvoo.

For this specific project, dated entries will be most helpful. So, diaries, news articles and journals that can fill in specific dates tied to events are what I'm keen to locate, and for all segments of the community--from church leaders through relative unknowns.

I expect that I'll spend some time in SLC during the course of my research, so any library-only resources you may know of there are also helpful.

Thanks, community!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 04:22PM

Believe me, I learned a lot more about Mormonism during visits to Nauvoo and ESPECIALLY Independence, far more than I did in Utah. Even a visit to the TSCC-controlled Liberty Jail exhibit will give you a skewered presentation. If you're in Nauvoo, visit the bookstore in the CoC-controlled museum. The Nauvoo public library is too small; they may not have much.

Maybe also stop by in Jefferson City and Springfield for legal doocuments. Nauvoo has shrunk so much, it's high school closed a few years ago.

If in Independence, visit the CoC temple for more information, and even ask the guy at the Temple Lot. Don't rely on Morg (LDS) infoormation; they won't give it to you straight.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 05:12PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.