Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ikandee2000 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:16PM

How many practicing mormons do you suppose are "closeted" non-believers? We were all there once, and we all hid it well b/c mormonism really makes you good at acting the part. (We should all have ocsars to polish).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:55PM

There were times that I could tell in the most active people in their eyes they didn't believe a lick of this bullshit but the cost was to great to leave.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 10:45PM

Probably a fair number.
It's hard for me to estimate accurately, though -- I couldn't pull off the 'closeted mormon' thing. I managed to sort of do it for about 3 months, then my cork popped...I walked out never to return. The almost daily pressure to pretend to be something I wasn't, and to pretend to believe things I knew were nonsense, was too much for me. It was making my hair fall out...and I was 21! :)

So maybe all the prematurely-bald men (and women?) are secret unbelievers? Hmm...

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 11:37PM

I suspect that there are far more people who continuously struggle to force themselves to believe, than there are closeted nonbelievers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.