Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:50AM

Some members of the local ward, including very wealthy members, and their part memember relatives.
The wealthy family members were trying to arrange a mass food storage shopping spree for family members. They threatened their sister (with an ex-believer husband) that when (not if) they had to flee to the mountains, they were going to leave her behind if she didn't have as much food storage as the rest of them.
Unbefrickinglievable

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AquaLeo ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:56AM

in the event of the zombie apocalypse, the sister should just pop a cap in the wealthy family members' ass and steal their food storage.

Okay.. not really.

That is not very Christlike of them. If the world goes into chaos and I have one can of beans left, you can bet I will share that can of beans with whoever needs it. It is all about caring about others and the LDS Corp has proven many times they do not care about anyone but themselves.

Posted by: OlMan ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:00AM

That is exactly the weakness of food storage. Neighbors of the Mormons are going to just kill them and take their stuff.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:04AM

A friend of mine in Sacramento has a neighbor who, when asked if he had any food storage, replied "No, I have a gun and I know where Mormons live." Hopefully, he was kidding but he was kinda out there and I wouldn't put it past him if he were desperate.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:01PM

...my survival plan is simple, it's called "pop a cap in a mormon's ass"

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 07:13PM

Thanks for making me laugh! I spewed Chex mix on my keyboard.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 07:19PM

If something catastrophic happens to the Earth, I certainly don't want to live in my tiny basement room for two years with my three children. It's hard enough to sneak away for a moments peace and use the restroom. Hopefully my family will die quickly together
without suffering!

Here in Utah the Mormons are fanatical about food storage. The only problem I have are the scare tactics the LDS and food storage/emergence preparedness companies utilize here in advertising. Can't blame the companies for preaching to people that are willing to literally buy into it.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 10:54AM

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:56PM

She said, "What good is religion if you can't use it to hook?"

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 10:51AM

so you can kill the people that are coming to take your food storage. SIL's non-mo husband doesn't believe in the church, but gosh-darnit, he believes in hoarding (I mean, food storage). And he has the weapons to fend off anyone coming to take it!

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 10:56AM

Mormons are crazy. My friend's TBM husband got them gasmasks for Christmas! She told him that if that ever became necessary everyone she loved was probably already dead and she would just as soon be dead too.

Posted by: brandy ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:27PM

Ask the Japanese members about their food storage and if they bothered with a can opener as the tsunami is washing away their home and everything dear to them including family members. If asked, I think their reply would be different from the family mentioned by Holy the ghost.

That's how unbelievably trite and ridiculous some of the rabid zealots sound when they get on this topic.

That being said, however, it is indeed a "fools errand" to expect people to be different than they have been in the past.

My favourite quote is from Maya Angelou and I use it often, "When someone shows their "true" self, believe them the first time.

Pure Christlike love, indeed

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:36PM

how their irradiated, buried, soggy food storage is doing? The point is that a few days of food and water is prudent. If it is a bad, long-lasting disaster, then you probably won't be able to get to your food or use it. You might have to leave anyway or supplies will come from those not affected outside the area.

Posted by: brandy ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 04:56PM

nothing wrong with the concept of food storage or the seventy-two hour emergency pack. I't's when people use it as a weapon of sorts against family members or walk around with an air of superiority because of it that the beneficial advantages get lost or submerged in "mormon meanness"

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 03:26PM

The way I figure it is that come the "end" it will be anarchy and chaos, soooooooo... instead of buying all that food, I will just buy a bigger gun or guns, then, when shit hits the fan, I will just take what I need, starting at the TBM homes.

Sort of reminds me of the other thread on here, about causing someone to sin because you set it in front of them. Well, they keep shoving this food storage in my face, and I get hungry, and, well, it's their fault. Just saying...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.