Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 11:47AM

However, another WONDERFUL non-fiction story about the dangers of the gold coast of Africa in the years just after the War of 1812 in America try this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Skeletons-Zahara-True-Story-Survival-ebook/dp/B000FC1AO8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1488299998&sr=1-1&keywords=skeletons+on+the+zahara

This was from 1815. A tail of a ship and crew and their trouble after pulling out of their American harbor as soon as they could after the war -- just to be plunged into a very horrible life of slavery among the Arabs of that most remote continent -- and how a few survived to tell the tale.

I'd highly recomend this book.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 11:58AM

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 12:00PM

Capitain Riley and crew.

I forgot to mention Captain Riley's account was one of Abraham Lincoln's favorite books.

From the account as described and quoted in my book -- Arabs "surviving" in the desert were almost suffering about as much as their slaves (the crew of the ship) -- I think I would have easily died rather then having experienced all of that -- and I'm a pretty good "outdoorsy" guy.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 12:07PM

Which gets me to thinking, we haven't seen a post from "Zarahemla Town Drunk" in quite a while. One of the best monikers on the board!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.