Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 08:19PM

...well, my homeowner's policy, anyway. When we moved, we rented out the house through a respected local agency. They, in turn, rented my rather small home to a large Mormon family, who--despite assurances from my agency to the contrary--began to do significant damage to the house. 3 months after they leave, they make a claim through a local LDS law firm that a visiting relative tripped on the stairs and broke a shoulder--3months ago. Meanwhile, I just spent $8,000 on repairs to put it on the market.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 08:28PM

You need to lawyer up likewise. Your insurance company will represent you with their attorney (actually to represent the insurance company itself.) I'd check with them to see if you need to hire separate counsel to protect your interests.

They sound like grifters to me.

Buckle up! Bumpy road ahead.

Also demand proof of said injuries as to where they occurred. It could be they were uninsured, broke the shoulder someplace else, and are using that as a means to get someone to pay for the injury (such as if they didn't have health insurance.) Their story sounds very fishy to me. Including waiting three months to seek compensation for an insurance claim.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2017 08:31PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 09:40PM

The insurance company will pit their costs of defense against the costs of settlement. Right or wrong will be secondary. Get your own lawyer...this could affect your homeowner's rates AND your ability to get new insurance when they non-renew you...a real possibility.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 09:48PM

It sounds like just another Mormon scam. Get an attorney, please.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 01, 2017 01:13AM

Mormon grifters, travelers.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 01, 2017 02:11PM

Yeah, I doubt it. Do your own investigating.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.