Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SonOfLaban ( )
Date: March 15, 2017 09:47PM

If Joseph Smith was alive today, would he be among the most wealthy of enterpreneurs? Perhaps the one who created the most popular new global trend of traveling to a home somewhere far away, and staying in the stead of the husband or wife for a couple weeks, complete with every benefit of said sacred responsibility?

What finer way for sharing the glorious gospel with every nation, kindred, tongue and people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LldsOxEMjN4

Brother, where art thou?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 15, 2017 11:39PM

Anything is possible, but I don't see him as being any more wealthy than a preacher like joel olstein. Both are good at fleecing the flock. But as for investments, the stories say old Joe wasn't good with money. Take for instance from the history of the church when he escaped far west jail after four months of torture, He had lost his house, had gone bankrupt, walked bare foot to Missouri. Emma had gone with Brigham Young shortly before and the first thing Joseph did when he arrived was take what little there was of the tithing money and buy very expensive clothes for Emma and himself, petticoats and everything. He spent money like water.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 01:49AM

Yes. Joseph and Bernie Madoff would talk about how easy it was for them to scam people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 01:49AM by anybody.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 12:49PM

my thoughts too

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 11:41AM

And L. Ron Hubbard.

Date: March 16, 2017 01:56AM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 09:14AM

he'd be in the Carthage Jail again.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 10:37AM

"Brother, where art thou?"

In the Playboy Mansion?

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 01:58AM

he'd be a cell mate of warren jeffs. If he isn't prosecuted he'd be like hugh hefner, or a photographer of 14 and under child models

Date: March 17, 2017 05:04AM

frankie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he'd be a cell mate of warren jeffs. If he isn't
> prosecuted he'd be like hugh hefner, or a
> photographer of 14 and under child models

Hugh Hefner has enabled 1,203 young women to obtain college degrees. No other Mormon leader can boast of this track record. He has outlived most General Authorities (average) and lives a daily fitness regimen of health that far exceeds most males in any nation. He is a model of moderation, achievement and historical significance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Hefner

-

β€œIt's perfectly clear to me that religion is a myth. It's something we have invented to explain the inexplicable. My religion and the spiritual side of my life come from a sense of connection to the humankind and nature on this planet and in the universe. I am in overwhelming awe of it all: It is so fantastic, so complex, so beyond comprehension. What does it all mean -- if it has any meaning at all? But how can it all exist if it doesn't have some kind of meaning? I think anyone who suggests that they have the answer is motivated by the need to invent answers, because we have no such answers.”

― Hugh Hefner

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 04:47AM

He would be on the corner of the street smoking rocks and telling peoples fortunes and being a pimp of underage girls.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 05:06AM

I don't think Joseph would be as wealthy as Joel Osteen if he were alive today. Even if Joseph managed to accrue any wealth, I suspect he'd lose it all in a double-or-nothing scheme.

Posted by: Realitycheck ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 09:31AM

Let's see a person who makes up stories, lies, makes outrages promises, from New York, who has had multiple wives, an American nationalist, racist, head of a military, builds big buildings, has bankrupted businesses, started scam businesses, money is the measure of success, believes in fake publication, is highly charismatic, has dedicated followers no matter the outrageous claims and no matter the evidence; who does not supposedly drink but often acts so bizarre that you wonder if he is on drugs, narcissistic traits and he ran for president.

Who could this be?
A reincarnation?
Or is this just another conartist?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 10:21AM

He would be residing at the grey bar apartments at the Point of the Mountain.

Posted by: LisaMeow ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 11:06AM

This is so gay.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 12:03PM

...make bail?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 06:26PM

The internet, instant communication, linked-up national law enforcement, DNA testing, and better transportation might mean earlier detection and prosecution.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.