Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:11AM

My computer solitaire game will tell me when a game has reached the point of being un-winnable. If only other things in life did the same. Think of how much of our lives we waste dealing the same cards over and over and over hoping for a different result. If only someone or something could gently inform us, "Game over. Try something else."

During my last years in the LDS church I felt the whole Mormonism thing wasn't working, even though I was following all the instructions. It only made me doubt and loathe myself. I must have been terribly inept, or such a wretched sinner, otherwise I would have had a genuine testimony, the magic would have worked, I would be happy.

I finally got the message, though. I wasn't the problem, Mormonism was. Cards were missing and the rules were impossible. Game over, man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 11:12AM by Stray Mutt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:14AM

Wouldn't that be awesome! I had the same experience with the church. At some point I said to myself, I don't care if it's "true", it isn't making me happy. After a little distance, it becomes so clear that it's a crock!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:21AM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:28AM

I don't know. All we can do is stay faithful to our duties and tithes and we'll see that it is true.

There are no more cards.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:35AM

There are a number things I would "undo" if I could. The problem with experience is you have to have it to have it. Dammit.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:27PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 12:38PM by The StalkerDog™.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:38PM

And I can manually undo by dragging cards back where they were. It counts as a move, but I don't keep score.

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 01:24PM

..."game pointless" philosophy. They develop critical thinking skills and instruct them to follow "wise guides" instead of any-old-joe guides like we got.

Some are taught that wise guides have personal and professional credibility and can actually be know by their "fruits," which include research, reasoned thought and humanitarian accomplishments.

None of that is found in the corridors of Mormondumb.

As much as I love my departed parents, they were barely educated hill people and did not have their parents teach them these things so they were unable to teach us.

Gott sei dank, all 5 of us brothers slowly figured it out and left the cult...I was the last and it took me much longer than it did my brothers. (2 sisters will never figure it out.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.