Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 10:03AM

I'm reading a book called Essentialism: The disciplined pursuit of less.

It's completely revolutionizing my management style. At the same time, it's helping me get my life's priorities straight.

What I've realized is that for some time now, Recovery from Mormonism is simply not a priority in my life.

I peruse RfM to get involved in discussions about a variety of topics, but recovering from mormonism is really not one of them.

The conclusion I've reached is that this is just not important enough for me to spend any time on anymore.

Am I saying I'm quitting RfM for good? I don't think so. What I'm saying is that right now in my life it just doesn't matter to me enough to spend any time on it. Maybe that will change. If it changes, you'll hear from me. If it doesn't, you won't.

I thank you all for helping me get to this point in my life when I can honestly say I couldn't possibly care less about the mormon church.

I thank posters like anagrammy, raptorjesus, human, henry bemis, richard foxe, hie, blueorchid, and many many others who have had such a positive impact on my life.

Best of luck in all things.

Peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 10:15AM

Completely understandable.
Thanks for your contributions, I've enjoyed them.
Best to you, and come back whenever you'd like :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 11:59AM

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 12:07PM

Happy Trails! :)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 04:07PM

Alway will be glad to see your moniker pop up again. Either one. I love the word Kolobian--should be in the dictionary. OR is it by now?

I don't need healing much. I'm much too old to lick wounds. But I like coming back here often for a couple of reasons. First, it's nice break from work and beats crosswords. Second there is something very satisfying about spending time with people with whom you have a shared history. It is one of life's treasures.

So here's a bit of a song you probably will recognize:

"Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name."

And, by coming here I got to hear about someone's bishop telling him he would be martyred in Jerusalem (If I got that right). That was a good story. See ya soon.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 07:27PM

Here's wishing you "fair winds and following seas." :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.