Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Skipper ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:21AM

In Luke 11:13 it says " If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Think about this scripture for a moment. I feel it is uplifting and shows Heavenly Father's unconditional love for all of us.

Now I will interpret this scripture through my 30+ years in the mormon church. Let's say my son comes home from college. He knocks on the door and I open it. I say "welcome home son, it's so good to see you." "Son, before you can enter this house you need to pay me 10% of all your yearly earnings." Imagine the hurt and confusion on my son's face when all his life his father provided everything for him and now I'm requiring him to pay me to enter the house of his father.

To enter the temple mormons must pay the price mentioned above. I hate how the mormon church has made Heavenly Father out to be a vengeful, hateful, guilt fed God. The requirement of paying to enter the temple does not reflect the scripture above and is yet another contradiction of the "True" church and what God really desires us to know about him.

As a father of four children I could NEVER expect my children to repay me even a fraction of everything I have provided for them. I do it out of pure love for them. If I being evil know how to give good gifts then we should expect more from our Father in Heaven.

I have not resigned yet but I'm circling the drain quickly...
I will keep you all posted.

-Skipper

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.