Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:34PM

I was at the library this week, going through their collection of CD's. I'm trying to rebuild my collection of music, much of which was lost in a computer crash 6-7 years ago and I don't want to spend a lot of money. By the time I had the computer crash, I’d sold or given away most of my physical CD’s. (And yes, I've learned to store valuable things on a separate drive).

This album by Rodney Crowell, “The Houston Kid” was a favorite and I haven’t heard it in a long time. I've always liked him, even though he was kind of an asshole to Rosanne Cash, one my favorite female singers. Today, they are good friends and he writes and produces some of her work. He’s a talented singer-songwriter and guitarist.

He wrote this song, "Wandering Boy" about a gay boy who is being invited to come back to his family but as I listened to it again after all these years, it sort of makes me think he could be talking to a non-mo who is being invited back to his family. I know that’s a stretch. And if you don’t like country music, you probably won’t like this much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQPNA-xHggE&list=RDGQPNA-xHggE&index=1

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.